General History Thread

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
When the ethnogenesis of the Pashtuns itself is recorded to have happened in the late 10th , early 11th century onwards you keep on insisting the Huns integrated into the Pashtuns. Perhaps you're evidence of it which nobody else has come across. If so , kindly share it here.
I agree with you. I should've been more careful, i meant that the Yeopthal clan had settled in the Qandahar-Quetta-ghazni axis, and in future, became part of the pashtun ethnogenesis, which begins to happen in the 10th century under the Ghaznavids (who ironically, were turkic slavers of the pashtuns).

Moreover the Zunbils themselves were allies of the Turk & later Hindu Shahis with there being marital alliances between them & their sun worship was restricted to Zabulistan region with the sun temple to Zhun speculated to be Surya or some variation of the Sun God located in Zamindawar the capital of the Zunbils with the worship continuing there till they were conquered by the Saffarids in the late 9th century.
Correct. However, iirc, the eastern & northern fringes of the Zabul region shows an expanding Shaiva presence, my speculation is due to the abdal clan, presence there, with Saffarids extinguishing it forcefully.

The hun presence in kashmir (who integrated into the Gonada dynasty) shows similar shaivi popularity over the sun worship there.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles