ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

Satish Sharma

Country flag
So why are they purchasing V70 kits ???
We all know why..
-----
Secondly some one will soon chimp out and say they have source codes of only 30-40 F16s... So they cant upgrade rest of aircraft
But they are actually changing whole mission computer along with ew, avionics suit too. So I see this as a cover up reason..
I dont think if mission computer is changed you need any help from OEM.. or something like source codes. Even indian su30s have indigeneous mission computer we integrate French Israeli india anything we want... I think the EW of su30s is being upgraded without any OEM role in it...

jai jaganath

Country flag
guys i dont believe in this but ready to take chances
View attachment 247253
We can't do anything if foreign components don't arrive on time
And again we are in same track
We have seen there is no accountability from these directors and chiefs while specifying timelines
I don't understand why do they give timelines in media when they know there are hell lot of factors to delay the project

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
We have seen there is no accountability from these directors and chiefs while specifying timelines
I don't understand why do they give timelines in media when they know there are hell lot of factors to delay the project
chill bruv iirc ge f414 is already delivered for mk2 and amca prototypes

Satish Sharma

Country flag
One thing I noticed everytime directors give very happy smile while giving timeline.. this time too.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

Auxillary air intakes are clearly visible in the above photos designed for higher airflow to reach higher topspeeds with higher thrust engines.
So tejas mk-1 won't be stuck at mach 1.6 with lower powered engine and smaller air intake designed for the 1.5 mach top speed of 1983 ASR forever.
Since this was our first plane, proper optimization of design could not be done and as a result, some sub optimization remained in design which is taken care in MK1A to some extent. Drag wave issue, larger wing, air intake issue remained. They try to solve it.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
"HAL to commence IRST system Trials for ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter."

Back in April 2022, HAL & BEL had signed an agreement to co-develop an IRST which would eventually replace the existing OLS-30 IRST on the Sukhoi Fleet. I think the IRST that will be used on MWF will inherit the technology from the one to be used on the Su-30MKI, or maybe they are the same IRST. Maybe this IRST would become the standard IRST for all of our upcoming fighters.

Spitfire9

Country flag
Wings were ready last year, everyone expected the role out on 15th August and were disappointed with the outcome.
HAL/ADA not working professionally, they still haven't learned how to develop a fighter and maintain the information flow with the public.
My guesses based on historic government-owned organisation performance:

Rollout 2025/2026
FF 2026/2027
Testing completed 2029/2030
Production start 2030/2031
First delivery 3033/3034

...assuming no major delays in systems development, production and delivery along the lines of Mk1A (ELTA 2052 radar needed due to non-availability of UTTAM etc)

Last edited:

Spitfire9

Country flag
I wonder if India and GE are close to finalising GE F414 TOT. It is coming up to a year since a potential future deal to produce GE F414 in India was announced.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles