China Economy: News & Discussion

SexyChineseLady

Fine. We've the Chinese Weibo, Baidu, etc. Where's the Chinese ChatGPT Or some version of it? How come with all those AI patents you've filed there's not a single mention of something as innovative as ChatGPT?

See the thing with patents is I can come up with a dust bin where the bin opens from below & file a patent. The organization in charge of handing out patents will merely check to see if there's no previous invention along similar lines. If there isn't any , they'd accept your application & hand over a patent in your name. A patent by itself is no guarantee for the practical application of the product in question or of its commercialization.

What's happening in China, I suspect is the CCP has set targets for all your institutions to file patents & rewards them irrespective of its quality. However institutions which don't file for such patents or fall short of their targets consistently are penalised coz this is how totalitarian regimes operate. The USSR operated in a similar fashion & right till the time of its economic collapse nobody suspected anything.

At least they came out with ground breaking work like development of an alternative defense ecosystem which they sold across the world or their N technology which is again ground breaking stuff or their space program where they definitely innovated being the world's first to launch an artificial satellite or build the world's first space station.

What's China achieved or innovated & I'm repeating this for the millionth time except scale . Hence the ordinary Han slave has started gaming the system & reaping the benefits.
If those patents were better than China's then they would lead the world in exports not China :)

They would lead the global industry in EVs, solar, wind, ships, HSR, power grid, heavy construction equipment, etc. and not China :)

But this is not true. China leads all of those. Money is the best measurement. Everything else is just opinion. You people have a lot of opinions but no money :)

IMG_2997.jpeg

IMG_2998.jpeg

smooth manifold

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Please list what exactly has China innovated in the past 4-5 decades ? Is it your HSR ? Japan invented it ? Is it MAGLEV ? Germany invented it . Is it ship building on a giant scale ? The US & UK did it much before anyone else . Japan & RoK are still doing it . Is it your Space Station or Space Program ? The former USSR , now Russia & the US pioneered it .

Is it in the SMC sector ? That wasn't invented in China . Is it in N technology & research ? Once again there are plenty of countries working in that domain which brings me to an important point - how many N reactors have you exported ? Consider Russia & check for the N reactors they've exported including to Bangladesh recently.

Once again I ask you - please list the industries China - the cut copy paste master , has innovated in .
hehe. Zhuque-2 is the first methalox orbital launcher in the world. Is this innovation?
443b970ely1hftx2v3xksj21922bsu0x (1).jpg

smooth manifold

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Please list what exactly has China innovated in the past 4-5 decades ? Is it your HSR ? Japan invented it ? Is it MAGLEV ? Germany invented it . Is it ship building on a giant scale ? The US & UK did it much before anyone else . Japan & RoK are still doing it . Is it your Space Station or Space Program ? The former USSR , now Russia & the US pioneered it .

Is it in the SMC sector ? That wasn't invented in China . Is it in N technology & research ? Once again there are plenty of countries working in that domain which brings me to an important point - how many N reactors have you exported ? Consider Russia & check for the N reactors they've exported including to Bangladesh recently.

Once again I ask you - please list the industries China - the cut copy paste master , has innovated in .
You have no idea how sophisticated space station is. Can you copy paste a space station for your country?
006aWhMSgy1hkxr5p9xmhj31e00uzhdt.jpg

Blademaster

Guess by which machine they are delivered to leave Indian port?

L&T as engineering company, got support from China for some complicated projects.

BMC seeks embassy's help to bring Chinese engineers to Mumbai

View attachment 249786

And

View attachment 249787

The whole building process recorded in the China a Jiangxi province compamy webstie:

View attachment 249789

View attachment 249790
Fake news and propaganda.

Azaad

Country flag
hehe. Zhuque-2 is the first methalox orbital launcher in the world. Is this innovation?
View attachment 249914
Congratulations. That's real innovation. If I were in the MSS I'd pay you 1 USD per post instead of the running rate of 50 cents which I think is a shame for that's been the case for more than 2 decades. Then again looking at the quality of Wumaos posting here I can fully understand why the MSS hasn't increased the rate per post for 2 decades & counting now .

Furthermore I'd also appoint you the supervisor of in house wumaos here for unlike the others you seem to be a Gaokao pass. Alas ! I'm not in the MSS nor the CCP to recommend a raise for you.

Hope your fellow wumaos take the right lessons & come up with intelligent posts even if it is propaganda instead of rehashing the same infomeme & news for months on end.

Last edited:

Azaad

Country flag
You have no idea how sophisticated space station is. Can you copy paste a space station for your country?
View attachment 249916
HaiYaa !!

In case you didn't notice the topic of discussion
for the past few posts was innovation. Why ? Good question. It's because we've been bombarded with infomeme about China being at the cutting edge of innovation with 37 engineering institutes among the top 100 & 7 out of these 37 being in the top 10 little with little to nothing to show by way of innovation.

In fact I just noticed you're located in the US.I wonder what made you shift there if all the best universities are in Zhongguo & the standard of living is improving by the day.

Besides , I just wrote a few posts ago that the former USSR / Russia was the first nation to build a space station . So China's definitely following somebody's lead out here.

Are you actually comparing a 4 trillion USD GDP economy to a 20 trillion USD GDP economy , Chang ?

To think I thought you were intelligent & actually wrote a post expressing my appreciation in the last post only for you to come up with this tripe !

Azaad

Country flag
If those patents were better than China's then they would lead the world in exports not China :)

They would lead the global industry in EVs, solar, wind, ships, HSR, power grid, heavy construction equipment, etc. and not China :)

But this is not true. China leads all of those. Money is the best measurement. Everything else is just opinion. You people have a lot of opinions but no money :)

View attachment 249912

View attachment 249913
I don't think you've understood what's written in the post you've quoted. Frankly I'm not surprised at all given your comprehension abilities & Baidu translate - a deadly combination if there ever was one .

Just as the co relation between getting patents & commercially exploiting them is tenous given the extremely poor conversion ratio as not all that is patented can be commercially exploited , similarly production has little to do with design abilities.

For example - you've been manufacturing selected models of the Airbus series for 2 decades yet you've just started mfg your own civil airliner which has been under development for nearly 2 decades .

However > 60% of these COMAC airliners are built using foreign parts that too from the west with whom you're having an extremely tenuous relationship.

This one example speaks volumes of your innovation capabilities & capacities.

Azaad

Country flag
Did you know that Huawei already took out patents for EUV techniques in 2022?

Huawei issued a new patent to enhance the chip development of the company. The latest patent application shows the usage of EUV lithography technology to improve the manufacturing of integrated circuits and chipsets.

But Huawei is banned from EUV made by ASML, no?

Yes, only on EUV made by ASML :D
Good , now where's the < 7 nm SMC which TSMC has been mfg since 2020. In fact TSMC has just released its 3 nm SMC series & Samsung is following suit if it hasn't already done so.

Both these entities will be coming out with the 2 nm SMC in a year or two followed by the 1 nm SMC . Given their track record I don't think we have any doubts on their abilities.

Where's Huawei's 5 nm , 3 nm & 1 nm SMCs since you're claiming Huawei already has the required patents on EUV.

SexyChineseLady

EUV photoresists are being manufactured and used in China! But China is banned from importing EUV from ASML by the US!

How can this be?! ;)

SexyChineseLady

Just as the co relation between getting patents & commercially exploiting them is tenous given the extremely poor conversion ratio as not all that is patented can be commercially exploited , similarly production has little to do with design abilities.
If they cannot be commercially exploited then this cannot happen and in such a wide margin :)
IMG_2997.jpeg

China exploits everything commercially. If it doesn't make money or helps the economy, they won't bother :)

Azaad

Country flag
If they cannot be commercially exploited then this cannot happen and in such a wide margin :)
View attachment 249951

China exploits everything commercially. If it doesn't make money or helps the economy, they won't bother :)
Why don't you do yourself a favour & ask your handlers in the MSS to come up with data which links your exports to the number of patents China's generated ?

For example - China exports both EV & ICE automobiles of which the bulk of exports are still the latter which foreign firms dominate .

So , based on this little factoid , go ahead & generate the data on the number of EVs you've exported vis a vis the ICE automobiles & see for yourself what percentage of exports your EVs form .

Repeat the exercise for all the other categories clearly delineating China's own products for which they own a patent vis a vis all those products mfgd in China whose patents rest abroad.

Last edited:

Azaad

Country flag
EUV photoresists are being manufactured and used in China! But China is banned from importing EUV from ASML by the US!

How can this be?! ;)
Good ! Problem solved. When are you coming up with < 7 nm SMCs like 5 nm , 3 nm & 1nm SMCs then ? 2024 or 2025 ?

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
wanker never reads

PROGRESS IN DEVELOPING AN ACCELERATOR ON A CHIP∗ R. J. England† , SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory, Menlo Park, CA USA P. Hommelhoff, Friedrich Alexander University, Erlangen, Germany R. L. Byer, Stanford University, Stanford, CA USA

https://accelconf.web.cern.ch/ipac2022/papers/moiygd1.pdf
1713996533386.png

wanker thinks the ideas came from China

Azaad

Country flag

The said documentary is 2 years old yet till date China's not managed to export it's Fighter Aircrafts ( FA) except the J-10s to Paxtan as well as the JF-17 the export of which Paxtan undertakes.

It was assumed that the reason China couldn't export it's FAs was because it didn't manufacture its own Turbo Fans ( TFs) . However that's changed now as practically all the PLAAF FAs are either equipped with Chinese TFs at present or will be equipped with it .

Yet this development hasn't translated to sales. Why do you think that's the case especially as China's leading in all other sectors & is known as the factory of the world. The former USSR & its successor state Russia sold far more defence equipment including FAs than China in spite of being technologically inferior.
@rockdog ; @SexyChineseLady ; @ym888

Azaad

Country flag

The reason China's not mentioned in this list is coz 99.99% of Chinese agree Great Helmsman 2.0 is leading them in the the right direction. The reason 99.99% of Han slaves think that way is coz the 0.01 % who declared China wasn't heading in the right direction weren't heard from ever again.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles