DEFEXPO-2022

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars when is the next Defence Expo, 24?. And where it will be held?. Any guess?.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
If approved in early 2023, AMCA will roll out in 2nd half of 2026 & 1st flight will be in 2nd half of 2027....then I'm expecting TEDBF 1st flight in 2029-30
Too good to be true ! Though HAL is doing a good job with Tejas, the past history shows to take their claim with a sack of salt.

British Vice Admiral. RN has more Admiral and Vice Admiral than Ships.
Hahaha, US vassal state has no vessels in the water.

samsaptaka

Country flag
Found better pics on Facebook, F-INSAS by MKU
View attachment 177863View attachment 177864
Oh Gawd what an abomination. 'Future' INSAS soldier as per Import Army will have a monocular Ist gen NVG imported from abroad whereas other countries are using Tonbo's quad nods and maybe even transition to the new fangled IR/NVG merged fusion vision thing. I really don't get it. What world are these militia men living in !! Pathetic. The top brass of IA needs to be fired lock stock and barrel and new , younger leaders more in touch with modern warfare need to be promoted.

samsaptaka

Country flag
TATA TASL at defexpo 2022

this is good approach, As defexpo 2022 concluded, make list by company post at end of thread that you know.

View attachment 177911

F - 16 wing ? Isn't this against the national interest. I mean the next F-16 wing they manufacture would be shipped straight to the porkies to be shot down by another Abhinandan ! How can this be allowed ? What is the rationale

DumbPilot

Country flag
F - 16 wing ? Isn't this against the national interest. I mean the next F-16 wing they manufacture would be shipped straight to the porkies to be shot down by another Abhinandan ! How can this be allowed ? What is the rationale
😐

samsaptaka

Country flag
The sheer variety of arms at display will make anyone think Bharath is a supah dupah military powah ! Unfortunately the army's absolute disinterest in placing large orders for domestic arms means we continue to struggle to even equip individual soldiers properly and are slowly becoming more like chinks paper tiger army with every odd month one or the other gernail saying - 'we will fight with what we have' , 'we can fight a 2 front war', 'we are ready to take pok'. yadda yadda etc... Shame !

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
if indeed this is an issue, it can be dealt with by other means, perhaps thru contracts T&C.
now is the time to grow and gain expertise in niche areas, should the Indian industry limit itself based on hypotheticals is debatable.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
The sheer variety of arms at display will make anyone think Bharath is a supah dupah military powah ! Unfortunately the army's absolute disinterest in placing large orders for domestic arms means we continue to struggle to even equip individual soldiers properly and are slowly becoming more like chinks paper tiger army with every odd month one or the other gernail saying - 'we will fight with what we have' , 'we can fight a 2 front war', 'we are ready to take pok'. yadda yadda etc... Shame !
it's probably not disinterest, it's the backlog, some of the equipment and activities that we are talking today should have been done more than a decade ago. this has happened because of the type of govts people elected at the centre in last 30years.

samsaptaka

Country flag
it's probably not disinterest, it's the backlog, some of the equipment and activities that we are talking today should have been done more than a decade ago. this has happened because of the type of govts people elected at the centre in last 30years.
Not entirely. Even now the IA does not order in larger numbers to ensure production scale up, ex:- LCH, LUH, Arjun, ATAGS, Dhanush. etc.... you can keep giving the benefit of doubt to IA, but after seeing year on year of endless trials, I am firmly convinced that its sheer corruption and chandigarh corrupt lobby at the root of this.

samsaptaka

Country flag

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Guys sorry for the noob question - Is an anti radiation missile called so because it releases an EMP kind of wave to jam enemy EM signals, or just that its a regular explosive ordinance but designed to inflict massive damage on enemy radar/elint installations ?
ordinance that physically destroys the target.

armyofhind

Country flag
Guys sorry for the noob question - Is an anti radiation missile called so because it releases an EMP kind of wave to jam enemy EM signals, or just that its a regular explosive ordinance but designed to inflict massive damage on enemy radar/elint installations ?
The latter.

ARM are missiles used to target radars/emitters of any sort.
Essentially SEAD.

samsaptaka

Country flag
I still don’t see how that makes sense unless IAF Aren’t capable of inducting 106 in one go, what difference is 36 more going to make? All this will do is add time delays and likely costs for all involved.

these batch orders absolutely kill Indian defence competitiveness
Indeed ! Just as I pointed out previously, we have been cutting the armed forces (procurement and top brass related personnel) too much slack, its high time to question their motive in doing so and do an investigation, clear the rot and jail the corrupt individuals.

DumbPilot

Country flag
Anti radiation missiles gets the name from being an "anti radiation" missile.

Radars on the ground of any type give out radiation(radar/electromagnetic waves), which the anti radiation missile lock onto.

It is also why in the 90s-2000s era, a common tactic to confuse ARMs(anti radiation missiles) was to shut down and move the radar so that the missile won't get a precise location of the radar.

Though with technology improvements(GPS and better inertial navigation) this does not really stop ARMs.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Not entirely. Even now the IA does not order in larger numbers to ensure production scale up, ex:- LCH, LUH, Arjun, ATAGS, Dhanush. etc.... you can keep giving the benefit of doubt to IA, but after seeing year on year of endless trials, I am firmly convinced that its sheer corruption and chandigarh corrupt lobby at the root of this.
for an organisation that used to rely primarily on foreign product brochures to frame SQRs, to now proactively share their problem statements to domestic industry in advance is quite a progress.

in last four years IA was shown that they are trying to improve their processes, let's take three examples.

- IA's response to tango ambush on vehicles , which led to creation of a new product Ashok Leyland MBPV
- IA's response to armenia-azerbaijan war, which led to focus on drone and counter drone tech.
- chini incursion, which led IA to induct quite a new number of tech and equipment suited for that theatre.

it's a mixed bag, old legacy issues remain in some areas, but there is also areas of improvement.

samsaptaka

Country flag
- IA's response to tango ambush on vehicles , which led to creation of a new product Ashok Leyland MBPV
- IA's response to armenia-azerbaijan war, which led to focus on drone and counter drone tech.
- chini incursion, which led IA to induct quite a new number of tech and equipment suited for that theatre.
The proof lies in how many orders are given. Numbers matter.
How many M4s have been ordered ? 20, 30 ? Same for WhaP and same for LCH .
Till the time I see substantial orders, I will not agree with your theory.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
The proof lies in how many orders are given. Numbers matter.
How many M4s have been ordered ? 20, 30 ? Same for WhaP and same for LCH .
Till the time I see substantial orders, I will not agree with your theory.
i suspect this will be a long wait, i doubt if domestic industry will want to take large orders which will take more than two or three years to fulfil. say they agree to provide an equipment for 100 ₹ today, i doubt they have confidence in sourcing their BOM(Bill of materials) that goes into a product in less than 100 ₹ (including profits) after three years, since they rely on domestic and foreign vendors too. this uncertainty was going on since 2019.

which essentially means, orders for complex equipment might be small multiple times over a period of time, rather than one big order depending on what goes into making that particular equipment.

as we move up the value chain, new variables need to be kept in mind.

Arpuster

Country flag
I feel a SFDR based ARM or A2G missile is also possible
and must be explored by DRDO. Can be a highly manoeuvrable and Mach 2-3 missile while being lighter than even Brahmos NG but with similar range.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Defexpo 2020 Defence & Strategy 655
Pandora Questions to be asked during Defexpo 2018 Defence & Strategy 11
sayareakd Defexpo 2018 Defence & Strategy 446
cobra commando Defexpo India 2016 Defence & Strategy 215