DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
You never waste time in upgrading system, no matter how small it is.

Testing of Rampage and Rocks are more about sending message across the board rather then self gloating. BTW forget the fact that only a few hundreds of those were procured.
getting 100 is the precursor of getting 1000 once integration is done placing bigger order is far more easier :)

Blackmamba

Country flag
Yes. Terrain mapping comes in guidance.

You have quoted @porky_kicker here about using laser altimeter for targeting rather then guidance.
Master chef asked does it have terrain mapping features, laser altimeter is used for terrain mapping
Remote Sensing | Special Issue : Laser Altimetry and 3D Mapping in Planetary Exploration: Methods and Applications (mdpi.com)

laser altimeters have played vital roles in mapping and exploration, providing accurate, abundant, and accessible 3D measurements. Unlike image-based photogrammetry, laser altimetry can overcome the lack of illumination and provide relatively accurate vertical measurements

Chinmoy

Country flag
Master chef asked does it have terrain mapping features, laser altimeter is used for terrain mapping
Remote Sensing | Special Issue : Laser Altimetry and 3D Mapping in Planetary Exploration: Methods and Applications (mdpi.com)

laser altimeters have played vital roles in mapping and exploration, providing accurate, abundant, and accessible 3D measurements. Unlike image-based photogrammetry, laser altimetry can overcome the lack of illumination and provide relatively accurate vertical measurements
I do whole heartedly agree with you that Radio and Laser altimeter are part of terrain mapping. My point is, you choose the wrong quote to say that.
If I've to quote the tweet you posted:

Anyways AFAIK there is supposed to a advanced laser altimeter in use with RudraM missiles which is used to map the topography of earth's surface in order to discriminate target from background

Arihant Roy

Country flag
I wonder when people will stop with the 'Russian tin can' nonsense. By the way, what's the news in Bengal??
Things are very dicey here.

Tolamul hooligans are keeping a hawk one on each and every move of ours. If we don't cross 20 which I am sure we will, ward and booth level karyakartas will face the music.

But our karyakartas are charged up and in very high spirits. They aren't letting any minor obstacles and hindrances ruin their work. Despite many provocations, we are keeping a cool head as of now. Everything will be taken care of after 4th June.

IMG-20240409-WA0207.jpg

IMG-20240406-WA0024.jpg

IMG-20240331-WA0050.jpg

aspdeepak

Country flag

Tolamul hooligans are keeping a hawk one on each and every move of ours. If we don't cross 20 which I am sure we will, ward and booth level karyakartas will face the music.

But our karyakartas are charged up and in very high spirits. They aren't letting any minor obstacles and hindrances ruin their work. Despite many provocations, we are keeping a cool head as of now. Everything will be taken care of after 4th June.

View attachment 250693

View attachment 250694

View attachment 250695
Can we please refrain politics from this thread!

Thank you for understanding!!

Blood+

Country flag

View attachment 250693

View attachment 250694

View attachment 250695
My best of wishes to you and the people of Bengal.

Samej Jangir

Country flag

Which missile

Akash ng , or Astra ....Astra mk2
Could be Pinakas, MRSAM/LRSAM, Akash NG, Astra Mk1, guided munitions etc or multiple tests of multiple missiles. It is unlikely that only 1 type or 1 test of any weapon will be done in a NOTAM. It is much more logistically and cost effective to do multiple tests

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
All Astra family missiles have range beyond 100km, and it's very rare that less fuel is filled to test a missile under its stated range.
Minimum range ।।also tested
It could be anything below 100 km range
Might be akash ng ,might be aatra , might be anything else

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles