DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Samej Jangir

Country flag
Completely disagree, when the Indian Navy ALH MK3 ditched in the sea recently due to some issues, the entire ecosystem on Social Media and both Print as well as Digital Media Peddlers went berserk on the entire ALH family of helicopters.
Compare that with the timid reaction to the emergency landing of the AH-64 Apache helicopter in Ladakh, no such response even took place. Despite recent groundings and crashes of the type in the US.
This is despite the fact that India has much more ALH than Apache. So, per capita problems with ALH is much lower

Blood+

Country flag
I don't know. I prefer English, it reaches a wider audience. I know people who r into defense who dosnt understand hindi.
Yeah but English is what making the interviews appear so broken and unnatural. It just completely ruins the flow of it as both parties are often left busy groping for the right words!!

Samej Jangir

Country flag
I am not advocating for replacement of indiginous weapons with phoren maal. I have always criticized blind fanoboyism for any single platform/manufacturer/country.

Maybe we are living in different silos. All I see is blind fanboyism for anything touched by DPSUs. Why we are buying Rafales when we can order 5000 Tejas, why we are buying MQ-9 when we can order 10,000 Tapas, INSAS absolutely good rifle, Army corrupt and bad.
Is Tejas indigegenous? From when? Its radar & engines are imported. So, it is not fully indigenous. Also rafales will have significant indigenous components in them, like its radar is fitted using BEL TRMs and many other indigenisations are included in other part of India-specific enhancement. Also, Parrikar had clearly said that India has Su30 and what is the point of Rafales. Yet, he went ahead with the Rafale deal with some hidden offset clauses. It could be another deal like the INS Vikramaditya bought for $8 billion with Akula submarine leased for free! 36 Rafales are not necessarily for war preparedness but for some secret tech transfers which will never be disclosed.

As for MK9 it is a different grade of UAVs which can have MToW of 5tons which is something India never even designed. So, it could be for studying the functionality and workings of the drones so that India can try to replicate similar technology.

INSAS 1C is a fantastic rifle with no problems. But India wants to change its doctrine from NATO as it no longer wants 5.56 rounds as they are too weak to do significant damage.

If anything, you are the one acting like a dalal and doing cheap loudmouthing

Blood+

Country flag
Is Tejas indigegenous? From when? Its radar & engines are imported. So, it is not fully indigenous. Also rafales will have significant indigenous components in them, like its radar is fitted using BEL TRMs and many other indigenisations are included in other part of India-specific enhancement. Also, Parrikar had clearly said that India has Su30 and what is the point of Rafales. Yet, he went ahead with the Rafale deal with some hidden offset clauses. It could be another deal like the INS Vikramaditya bought for $8 billion with Akula submarine leased for free! 36 Rafales are not necessarily for war preparedness but for some secret tech transfers which will never be disclosed.

As for MK9 it is a different grade of UAVs which can have MToW of 5tons which is something India never even designed. So, it could be for studying the functionality and workings of the drones so that India can try to replicate similar technology.

INSAS 1C is a fantastic rifle with no problems. But India wants to change its doctrine from NATO as it no longer wants 5.56 rounds as they are too weak to do significant damage.

If anything, you are the one acting like a dalal and doing cheap loudmouthing
AFAIK, the 1C was never inducted by the Army.

STORE 2.0

Country flag
Yeah but English is what making the interviews appear so broken and unnatural. It just completely ruins the flow of it as both parties are often left busy groping for the right words!!
I think it's more to do with the overall way of doing the presentation. Nithin gokhale seems very lathargic , no proper script and very amateur vidiography. He scratches his head and body in between 🤢 and also makes it look like typical indian news interview with a politician rather than making it look like a factory tour. But I do appreciate the initiative by the channel to make these happen.

It should have been made like this

Samej Jangir

Country flag
AFAIK, the 1C was never inducted by the Army.
It was inducted by army. The army keeps replacing its rifles after they are fired for certain rounds, used in intensive operations or after a period of time as older rifles tend to jam and pose a risk. These rifles are either stored for emergency use like war breaking out or given to central or state police forces.

So, as 1C was made, they were inducted in the regular replacement cycle

mokoman

Country flag
UN general are buying Because they are blind and that's why we rendered unprepared to fight any war.

36 Rafale, 5 apache, 2 MQ-9 can help us to fight 15 days war. Not for a long war.

You Genius gave this idea to Ukraine and we all Know how it's working for them.

First go Ukraine and make this idea work. If it is working then come back here to lecture us your speciality.

India will never win a War against China if it keep relying on foreign weapons. Hence inducting 500 Tejas is better than buying 36 or 100 Rafales.

All these Gl0b0h0m0s Liberandu-sickulars logics don't work on ground. These logics only look good on PPT presentation.
MQ 9 maybe super expensive but atleast they are useful . we need to keep eye on chinese buildup and its sensor package is supposed to be the best . most likely it can be linked up with american military satellite feed as well along with some fancy ai shit.

but yea generals do like to throw away crores on large pointless purchasees , robo mules and jet packs while soldiers look like african militia.

i mean what is even this :lehappy:

Samej Jangir

Country flag
MQ 9 maybe super expensive but atleast they are useful . we need to keep eye on chinese buildup and its sensor package is supposed to be the best . most likely it can be linked up with american military satellite feed as well along with some fancy ai shit.

but yea generals do like to throw away crores on large pointless purchasees , robo mules and jet packs while soldiers look like african militia.

I hope you know that India has vast mountain terrain where there are extreme rocks and one actually needs to climb rather than drive. Indian army uses mules even today and even elephants to transport supplies and goods in hilly and flooded regions. Replacing mules with robot may provide certain advantages. Mules can carry significant loads of 150kg and are also autonomous as they have a brain and don't just stumble on a rock. They also tend to live on local grass and river water which means they have low maintenance.
Obviously, with such small robots, I think quadcopter drones would do a much better job.

Mr.Evil007

Don't forget that these mules have "80% indegenous screws" thats why army is buying them uk aatmanirbhar Bharat. /s

shade

Country flag

Don't forget that these mules have "80% indegenous screws" thats why army is buying them uk aatmanirbhar Bharat. /s
Genrols also don't face pushback from the govt over their antics.
There was CDS Rawat and i felt he was close the the Govt but then he (((mysteriously))) died in that Chopper crash.

Mr.Evil007

I hope you know that India has vast mountain terrain where there are extreme rocks and one actually needs to climb rather than drive. Indian army uses mules even today and even elephants to transport supplies and goods in hilly and flooded regions. Replacing mules with robot may provide certain advantages. Mules can carry significant loads of 150kg and are also autonomous as they have a brain and don't just stumble on a rock. They also tend to live on local grass and river water which means they have low maintenance.
Obviously, with such small robots, I think quadcopter drones would do a much better job.
The argument here is not about "mules are useless" rather it is about "are these mules our priority" when most of our infantry is using 1971 helmets and low hanging vintage BP Vests(not mentioning the large chunk that doesn't even have BPJs) our soldiers using bright orange brick called INSAS while the Ak 203 is still delayed and even those which reached the units are not equipped with right optics the budget is already limited and on top of that we buy 6 apaches for 1bil and these mules.

shade

Country flag
The argument here is not about "mules are useless" rather it is about "are these mules our priority" when most of our infantry is using 1971 helmets and low hanging vintage BP Vests(not mentioning the large chunk that doesn't even have BPJs) our soldiers using bright orange brick called INSAS while the Ak 203 is still delayed and even those which reached the units are not equipped with right optics the budget is already limited and on top of that we buy 6 apaches for 1bil and these mules.
Those shitty dog-bots aren't even the size of a proper mule

1714929012872.png

Robot mule is like this

1714929051726.png

I really hope whichever war comes and we inevitably lose, we don't lose our sovreignity.
Fuck Genrols
Fuck Dhandhomaxxxers
Fuck DRDO "scientist" unkils

Mr.Evil007

Genrols also don't face pushback from the govt over their antics.
There was CDS Rawat and i felt he was close the the Govt but then he (((mysteriously))) died in that Chopper crash.
Thats where the root problem is a general got promoted to Vice COAS when the command he was leading got 9 soldiers killed in ambush back to back in the same way just because of no armoured vehicle rather he should have been questioned but got a promotion instead why would a general care if a soldier dying with cause being lack of basic equipment doesn't affect his career.

shade

Country flag
Lol "muh modarn armi will put 100kgs on a robotic puppy"
You will OTOH have robo doggies purchased for an exhorbitant sum get captured, strapped by IEDs and sent to bum rush our forces whether on foot or in convoy to explode

Samej Jangir

Country flag
Are you saying that helmets are never replaced? Old used helmets are being reused again and again? If helmets are replaced as uniforms after some years or for every new entrant, the helmets are likely already advanced. Using completely closed helmets are not suitable for Indian climate as the heat will cause one to become dizzy. Also, who said that soldiers don't have BPJs? Again, using them during low risk scenarios causes dehydration in the heatwave.

As for INSAS, unless you are a dalal with agenda, there is no problem with INSAS 1C. All optics are attached as per requirement. The electronic optics need batteries and can get damaged easily in rough use and hence soldiers don't use them when on patrol duties. It does not mean the optics are not available

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles