DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Alpha and Aman Bhai will have to find the tweet was few weeks back I think 6 in numbers but the country might not be Armenia mystery remains on that one
Because...no atgms were tested from tapas or from rustom, if tested not known to public
Helina dhruvsatra ,not integrated with them
Let's see and hope for the best
Again tapas is a good platform and can be exported

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Because...no atgms were tested from tapas or from rustom, if tested not known to public
Helina dhruvsatra ,not integrated with them
Let's see and hope for the best
Again tapas is a good platform and can be exported
I wasn't talking about tapas I was talking about Arched of SR UAV which has gone through ATGM testing

RDXChauhan

Definitely a possibility that's why they are working everyday to improve their weapon systems they aren't mature enough yet every expo you go they have tons of changes on their platform which is a good thing in my opinion they are always looking to improve and it's quite apperant
SSS maybe should go for police forces or maybe they can try for Naval Tenders for Marcos etc

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
I wasn't talking about tapas I was talking about Arched of SR UAV which has gone through ATGM testing
hmm archer might be useful for them just put a dhruvastra and sant on it and its good to go and armenia is small to so 250km los communication aint gonna be of much bother best case for them is to get prahaar or pralay missiles which carry a massive deterance and they are cheaper than brahmos too and azeris doesnt have a bmd in place
also best for armenia would be uav launched guided missile (4km range) which is gonna be a game changer without endangering big uav like archer
also long range ew systems like samyukta which would f up the tb2 (does it have sdr and all i dont know)

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
hmm archer might be useful for them just put a dhruvastra and sant on it and its good to go and armenia is small to so 250km los communication aint gonna be of much bother best case for them is to get prahaar or pralay missiles which carry a massive deterance and they are cheaper than brahmos too and azeris doesnt have a bmd in place
also best for armenia would be uav launched guided missile (4km range) which is gonna be a game changer without endangering big uav like archer
also long range ew systems like samyukta which would f up the tb2 (does it have sdr and all i dont know)
As I have said before their is no clearity on those 6 exports can be anyone but I doubt it's Armenia

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Archer was tested with an mpatgm variant means , lighter helina

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
hey guys reguarding stryker here are my opinions

what type of stryker is inducted - if its a shorad or mgs its totally worth it mgs shorad on whap is easily 5 years away if not then there is concern
does the engine deal includes the stryker - if yes then we should take a beating but get it done the GE engine would be life and death for the future of our air force
does whap would still be inducted -if yes than there is no problem
high tech transfer choices to improve what further

advantages of stryker

co production = co learning
750hp monstrous engine for indian army varient (not confirmed)
shorad varient with stingers and hellfire missile to do same work as the strela and namica at once
improving relation with usa (we need their tech and engines against china)
disadvantages of stryker
heavy
reduced order number for whaps of mahindra tata lnt bharat forge etc thus lesser scale of economics
no amphibious capabilities(maybe added for us)
increased dependency on USA (aur koi option bhi nahi hai)
slow investment in indigenous sector

jai jaganath

Country flag

what type of stryker is inducted - if its a shorad or mgs its totally worth it mgs shorad on whap is easily 5 years away if not then there is concern
does the engine deal includes the stryker - if yes then we should take a beating but get it done the GE engine would be life and death for the future of our air force

advantages of stryker

shorad varient with stingers and hellfire missile to do same work as the strela and namica at once
disadvantages of stryker
heavy
reduced order number for whaps of mahindra tata lnt bharat forge etc thus lesser scale of economics
Definitely not only shorads it's gonna be in big numbers so definitely our requirement of 200 whap will be given to them

If u want to trade wrt ge-414 we have many other juicy offers for Americans be it refuelers or sigint or more m777 or more p8i or more Chinook or more mh-60r
Whap is not significant infront of these giant and expensive stuffs

Bringing Stryker on table by Americans must have been due to interest of Indian side with their choice of jaziya

Point is other items mentioned has to be imported anyway so u should use it now

No way whap will be inducted
IPMV is the last biscuit thrown by army to industry and maybe few more IPMV get orders
And that's it

US army doesn't have need of amphibious capability but we have

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
SSS maybe should go for police forces or maybe they can try for Naval Tenders for Marcos etc
they would lose cause they cant compete with the normal players who are chugging thousands of rifles per year due to economics but govt should have additional provisions for the indigenous players so that screwdrivergiri may be present but benefit is only for the ones whom have developed the equipment grounds up like sssd edith newspace etc

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
Definitely not only shorads it's gonna be in big numbers so definitely our requirement of 200 whap will be given to them

If u want to trade wrt ge-414 we have many other juicy offers for Americans be it refuelers or sigint or more m777 or more p8i or more Chinook or more mh-60r
Whap is not significant infront of these giant and expensive stuffs

Bringing Stryker on table by Americans must have been due to interest of Indian side with their choice of jaziya

Point is other items mentioned has to be imported anyway so u should use it now

No way whap will be inducted
IPMV is the last biscuit thrown by army to industry and maybe few more IPMV get orders
And that's it

US army doesn't have need of amphibious capability but we have
they have showcased stryker with the 30mm cannon when the cds had gone to america and i think army is interested too lets see what get inducted and what not but i think if joint production is on the table at least 150-200 stryker would be on the table who knows maybe army increase the requirement number for whaps but whats more interesting would be a joint production if there is a way we can supply parts to west it would be good our return on investment would increase
but again at least there should be fair compitition between stryker and whap from our companies too

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
US will do this to us as well :

mil you know what to do 155mm export !!
jokes apart if joint production is there than the regular spares would be produced by us only so we can keep em running for longer duration even if usa stops some spares to us which is also aint gonna happen cause stryker would be used only in an operation against the chinese and india china war is USA's wet dream they would like it to happen asap

Blood+

Country flag
I have 2 questions is that tail issue sorted ? If yes then is it coming with that newer configuration which we had seen as shown in pic below.. and so is the spin issue sorted out.
Secondly when will it's production began ?
View attachment 252039

Armenia alone will induct many defence systems before Indian army.
Hope they induct archer, ulpgm, MPATGM, sssd rifles,Tejas,rudras or prachand..
Make indian weapons battle proven.. potential sells opportunities shall be exploited.
Don't forget them loitering munitions and battlefield surveillance radars. Hope they induct these two in large quantities.

Blood+

Country flag
I think the Himshakti ew system will be more useful for the Armenia due the mountainous terrain.

Chinmoy

Country flag

advantages of stryker

disadvantages of stryker
heavy
2019---- AON for NASAMS-2 was given by then DM N Sitharaman.
2020---- Trump administration was pushing aggressively for IADWS to India and was in talk for ~$ 2 Bn deal during his visit.

People are losing marbles here and SM on Stryker as COAS Manoj Pandey visited Stryker facility and received a detailed briefing on Stryker M-Shorad. No one is basically interested in the fact that it was an official visit of COAS to US and he was not there to visit Stryker facility solely.

Now coming to this news of the deal, here are some similar news from past.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...le-shield-over-delhi/articleshow/69717946.cms

https://www.livemint.com/news/india...ce-weapon-system-to-india-11581361614686.html

Let's consider this to be a done deal, then lets see why it would be so.

If we consider designing an AD system based on WhAP, then from designing to actual product roll out, what would be the time frame?
Atleast 3 years.

What would be the time frame for testing and LSP induction?
Atleast 6 years.

Means, even if we give order today, we wont be seeing service induction before 6 years if everything goes on smooth. All of this, because we never thought of designing an AD system based on WhAP.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles