Indian Automotive Sector

Kumata

Country flag
I don't have any problem with screwdriver-giri Because I know most of you guys don't know how manufacturing is done in actual.

My problem is with the viability of such big plant in India when they have a gigafactory already in Shanghai and struggling to increase their market share.
One need not know how it gets manufactured..He will bring all in knocked down.. source few ttems locally like types , Wheels. etc and say it is made in india... we r generally emotional fools so we will lap it up and save environment !!!!!!!!!

I suspect He is going to setup anything on that scale as shanghai ... Just enough that he can sustain indian ops some thing similiar to toyota ....keep demand short and long waiting times.. We all love long waiting periods!!!!!!

Azaad

Country flag

Corvus Splendens

Country flag

AnantS

Country flag
Is it designed and developed entirely within India?
seems like that

AnantS

Country flag
Could you give me more details?
Let me apologize. I thought Hinduja bought stake in Iveco. BUt atually it was Hinduja buying Iveco's 15% stake in Ashok Leyland. Iveco is not subsidiary of Hinduja.

Regards to Hydrogen Powered ICE engine development I have no news other than article posted previously. I guess they must have modified one of the license produced or inhouse produced Engine.

Regarding ice engines check this article: https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...nes-for-cvs/articleshow/44891567.cms?from=mdr
1716300160832.png

Reactions: SKC

SKC

Country flag
not this one. Cummins collaborated with Tata on h2 engines. Ashok leyland has its own engine series (remember its owned by hinduja who also owns iveco). This has been developed locally.
I may be wrong, but I heard that there are two independent Diesel engine architecture or cycle engine. One of which is Cummins.
When anyone says they are using Cummins then they are using Cummins-cycle Diesel engine which may not be directly sourced from Cummins.

But yes, Tata has long history of working with Cummins for their engines.

AnantS

Country flag
I may be wrong, but I heard that there are two independent Diesel engine architecture or cycle engine. One of which is Cummins.
When anyone says they are using Cummins then they are using Cummins-cycle Diesel engine which may not be directly sourced from Cummins.

But yes, Tata has long history of working with Cummins for their engines.
Cummins has manufacturing plant in India. And yes Tata's seems to have completely given up on developing new ICE engines whether its Passenger or Commercial. Not sure why - But Tata under JRD was known to pursue R&D in Engines regularly. But off late Tata has given up on R&D on ICE, forget Hybrids or even Electric.
They source their high capacity engines from Cummins for commercial, high capacity diesel engines from Fiat and for electric sourcing from East Asia. They were suppose to launch new Turbo charges 1.5 l engines for upcoming curv, but it seems to have run into problems. Now Curv will be running with same 1.2 l TC engine which powers Nexon.

Govt are supposed to support Behemoths like Tata and latter are supposed grow industrial strength of the country.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles