Indian Special Forces

Kumaoni

Some members here actually know soldiers and officers who served in Lanka other than abridged recounts in books and wiki

We have already gone over this Lanka bit before havnt we a year or two ago??
I can dm u again.

Yeah we dmed approx a year ago and we came to mutual agreement. I think the way the ipkf performed is too mixed to make a general conclusion. You had battalions which scored 80 kills and then battalions which scored zero kills but lost 7-8 men in a single ambush.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

- Remember how we were talking about people get relegated in other sf when you fail in your shooting drills? Here sir tells it's the same in NSG you get 1 and 2 wearing then relegated( at around 5 mins)

- remember how we talked about gun casings too he says they never bothered about it they shoot and bring back whatever they find so they get liberty

- they(51) even went to US to get trained with marines and they introduced teachings learned from marines to NSG (think it was 2002

- his report on marines is that they are fine soldiers and very professional

- they couldn't use their NVGs cause lights were on and they were instructed that they can't damage the mandir (so couldn't shoot out lights)

rkhanna

Country flag

- Remember how we were talking about people get relegated in other sf when you fail in your shooting drills? Here sir tells it's the same in NSG you get 1 and 2 wearing then relegated( at around 5 mins)

- remember how we talked about gun casings too he says they never bothered about it they shoot and bring back whatever they find so they get liberty

- they(51) even went to US to get trained with marines and they introduced teachings learned from marines to NSG (think it was 2002

- his report on marines is that they are fine soldiers and very professional

- they couldn't use their NVGs cause lights were on and they were instructed that they can't damage the mandir (so couldn't shoot out lights)
Things to Consider

1. NSG would be at the periphery of our SOF capability as they have an extremely Niche Policing Mandate. So NSG doing it doesnt really move the needle on a real Sense IMO that being said- for NSG accuracy (being Hostage Rescue Oriented) is a basic requirement not an achievement
2. NSG outshoots (# of rounds per week per shooter) any other unit in our Collective ORBAT so the above makes sense. Their Per Capita Budget would be the highest also

That is why saying any other unit (eg Marcos) can do a airplane take down or any otherstatic structure is as good as the NSG or that a Para SF unit can do the same job as NSG is a laughable.

The only place another unit gets first dibs is a Ship or Oil Rig

PS - Marines? why on earth would they go train with Marines - GIGN/GSG9/HRT/etc are their peers

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Things to Consider

1. NSG would be at the periphery of our SOF capability as they have an extremely Niche Policing Mandate. So NSG doing it doesnt really move the needle on a real Sense IMO that being said- for NSG accuracy (being Hostage Rescue Oriented) is a basic requirement not an achievement
2. NSG outshoots (# of rounds per week per shooter) any other unit in our Collective ORBAT so the above makes sense. Their Per Capita Budget would be the highest also

That is why saying any other unit (eg Marcos) can do a airplane take down or any otherstatic structure is as good as the NSG or that a Para SF unit can do the same job as NSG is a laughable.

The only place another unit gets first dibs is a Ship or Oil Rig

PS - Marines? why on earth would they go train with Marines - GIGN/GSG9/HRT/etc are their peers
1. Agreed not counting it as an achievement it was just my first time hearing your get religated in an Indian sf unit which was good to hear

2. Not much knowledgeable to contribute anything that you haven't Already

3. Agreed but I don't think in 2002 we were at good odds with uncle Sam to go and traine with those units Marines are already a surprise to me now that we have the best relationship we have ever had with west I am sure NSGs train with alot more tier 1 units now.

rkhanna

Country flag
1. Agreed not counting it as an achievement it was just my first time hearing your get religated in an Indian sf unit which was good to hear

2. Not much knowledgeable to contribute anything that you haven't Already

3. Agreed but I don't think in 2002 we were at good odds with uncle Sam to go and traine with those units Marines are already a surprise to me now that we have the best relationship we have ever had with west I am sure NSGs train with alot more tier 1 units now.
in NSG the minimum accuracy standards are kinda official. at any point your performance drops off you are out.

Didnt realise it was 2002. So yea the Marine question still has a lot of ?? anyways have texted some people

Global Defence

New threads

Articles