Indian Special Forces

Arad Operator

Bought for evaluation AFAIK, haven't seen it being used during an Op! Can't go to specifics but slighlty more than a dozen per unit, they still prefer the Israeli BINODs.:)

Arad Operator

If that’s the case can they buy COMTACS aswell (ik they too expensive but just asking)or like there are some limits to the purchases?
Mate Army CDRs fund is for procuring essential tech and equipent but in limited nos. COMTACS are there with 1&2SF AFAIK, They surely can but COMTACS but majority of the operatives still prefer handheld and PTTs!

airborneCommando

Country flag
If that’s the case can they buy COMTACS aswell (ik they too expensive but just asking)or like there are some limits to the purchases?
If we go by the usual speculation that unit is 9 para, they already bought Silynx headsets for most of their guys (@Arad Operator bhai correct me if im wrong about these being in sizeable numbers)

airborneCommando

Country flag
Bought for evaluation AFAIK, haven't seen it being used during an Op! Can't go to specifics but slighlty more than a dozen per unit, they still prefer the Israeli BINODs.:)
It's cause of their mission profile I believe, they'll 100% keep the quad tube nods for certain "high-speed" operations.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
So

BNVD-Ps
MKU Quads
BEL Quads
That Brazilian firm I don't remember the name of Quods
These are with Paras in some capacity for testing or whatever
Anyone else I am missing?

Arad Operator

TONBOs as I mentioned,

This is the standard procedure for procure a equipment that will be standardize for the whole unit, they bought several QUADNODs from different OEM and evaluating em with little use during High Speed or Cross Border OPs!
User(individual operative in this case) will then be asked to give feedback on the basis of which big orders will be given for equiping the whole units(or maybe the whole Army SF). Example:- Mepro Mini Hunter.

VictorDelta4

Country flag
Not too expensive if its ordered in larger numbers and for military purpose. However it also depends on the product like 3M Peltor Comtac V. (3M is now paying out a huge sum because of a lawsuit about their products causing hearing damage). Something like Safariland or Ops Core AMPs are on the high end of that spectrum.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles