Infrastructure and Energy Sector

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
bro, who the fcuk goes to Kyrgyzstan for medical study?
All those who couldn't get into medical college in India. It's a huge industry in all former soviet republics. Why do you think there were thousands of Indian students in Ukraine? Now China and South East Asian countries like Philippines have also started the business.

The main problem is the extremely limited number of medical seats and universities relative to our population, combined with 1-2 crore capitation fees is most private institutions.

People are underestimating the sheer scale of capacity buildup India needs to do just to reach a moderate standard of living for our masses to be comparable to Russia or China.

We need 5 times more medical colleges, 5 times more energy production, 5 times more Vande Bharat type trains, 10 times more current metro line network, 10 times more tier 1 level urban spaces, 10 times more high quality schools, 5 times more manufacturing, 10 times more skill development centers of good quality etc. All our current achievements till date may be impressive on their own, but they haven't even begun happening on the scale that's required. I'll be pasting this comment to the Indian infrastructure and energy thread, so if anyone wants to continue this discussion we can do so there.

Till this happens at the scale mentioned, millions of Indians will keep pouring abroad looking for any opportunity to get an upper middle class lifestyle, by hook or by crook. And unlike the past where it was elite Indians who would qualify for the top universities and companies, now we have the lower end of the population pouring into every country abroad, especially the new dunki trend to the US. This is going to be a disaster. This new wave of Indians are not going to shine our name the way previous waves of high achieving Indian immigrants did.

Last edited:

SKC

Country flag
I was very excited about the upcoming Noida Intl Airport but then I found out that it is further away from Noida and even placed of Greater Noida than the IGI Airport in Delhi.
Plus, there is excellent connectivity to all terminals of IGI via Metro, Buses and even Cabs.

There needs to be super-fast connectivity to Noida Airport from Noida city center and Greater Noida metro otherwise it will be a difficult decision to book flights from Noida instead of IGI.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I was very excited about the upcoming Noida Intl Airport but then I found out that it is further away from Noida and even placed of Greater Noida than the IGI Airport in Delhi.
Plus, there is excellent connectivity to all terminals of IGI via Metro, Buses and even Cabs.

There needs to be super-fast connectivity to Noida Airport from Noida city center and Greater Noida metro otherwise it will be a difficult decision to book flights from Noida instead of IGI.
You sure NIA is more difficult to reach than IGI from Noida/Ghaziabad? Its legit a straight highway to there afaik.

SKC

Country flag
You sure NIA is more difficult to reach than IGI from Noida/Ghaziabad? Its legit a straight highway to there afaik.
You have pay heavy toll and cab charges for that. You ain't taking your car every time to Airport and return back while paying toll for second time same day.
Apart from cabs there is no other way to go there right now apart from personal cars.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
You have pay heavy toll and cab charges for that. You ain't taking your car every time to Airport and return back while paying toll for second time same day.
Apart from cabs there is no other way to go there right now apart from personal cars.
A metro/RRTS will be built

SKC

Country flag
A metro/RRTS will be built
Yes, I want that also a faster one. Like the Delhi Airport line.
It should have been already in construction but still on papers as of now.

There is going to be huge issue in reaching the airport once first terminal become active.

The Juggernaut

Country flag

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Last edited:

mamamia12

All those who couldn't get into medical college in India. It's a huge industry in all former soviet republics. Why do you think there were thousands of Indian students in Ukraine? Now China and South East Asian countries like Philippines have also started the business.

The main problem is the extremely limited number of medical seats and universities relative to our population, combined with 1-2 crore capitation fees is most private institutions.

People are underestimating the sheer scale of capacity buildup India needs to do just to reach a moderate standard of living for our masses to be comparable to Russia or China.

We need 5 times more medical colleges, 5 times more energy production, 5 times more Vande Bharat type trains, 10 times more current metro line network, 10 times more tier 1 level urban spaces, 10 times more high quality schools, 5 times more manufacturing, 10 times more skill development centers of good quality etc. All our current achievements till date may be impressive on their own, but they haven't even begun happening on the scale that's required. I'll be pasting this comment to the Indian infrastructure and energy thread, so if anyone wants to continue this discussion we can do so there.

Till this happens at the scale mentioned, millions of Indians will keep pouring abroad looking for any opportunity to get an upper middle class lifestyle, by hook or by crook. And unlike the past where it was elite Indians who would qualify for the top universities and companies, now we have the lower end of the population pouring into every country abroad, especially the new dunki trend to the US. This is going to be a disaster. This new wave of Indians are not going to shine our name the way previous waves of high achieving Indian immigrants did.
5 times more Medical Colleges, 5 times IITs, 5 times IIScs are useless if they can't stop leakage. What's usage of adding one more tap to fill in the bucket when it full of holes anyway.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
5 times more Medical Colleges, 5 times IITs, 5 times IIScs are useless if they can't stop leakage. What's usage of adding one more tap to fill in the bucket when it full of holes anyway.
I dont understand what leakage means in this context.

mamamia12

I dont understand what leakage means in this context.
Studying in Tax Payer subsidized Institutes and jumping out of country. As I said, the Government may construct 10 more AIIMs, the majority will be fence jumpers once they come out of institute. Before that, Government has to realize how to prevent these fence jumpers jumping out.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Studying in Tax Payer subsidized Institutes and jumping out of country. As I said, the Government may construct 10 more AIIMs, the majority will be fence jumpers once they come out of institute. Before that, Government has to realize how to prevent these fence jumpers jumping out.
No one will take these idiots in for much longer except for a very small elite who are genuinely brilliant. They're certainly not going to take in 5 times more Indians. And I am talking about overall capacity buildup in education, Healthcare, cities, and industry required for reaching upper middle income status, not just IIT's and IIM's which have become nothing more than brand names now.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles