Israel - Hamas Gaza Conflict Oct-2023

Country flag
Iran can these moves because they're already ostracized. Even if you bomb them day and night, they don't have much to lose. What they have done is extremely dangerous.

I'd have to consider the leaders have lost their mind if India lobbed missiles at let's say China, because they were taking over Philipines
India was also sanctioned and had nothing to lose in the 80's . They let Pakistan easily go nuclear without
doing anything. For a big country the cowardice the government displays is extreme at times.
India for decades never spoke out against terrorism until recently. No one can believe a country
of 1.4 billion people can be a victim. This weakness and victim card has gained things for India but
nobody fears India not even it's smaller neighbors. E.g maldives etc....

Country flag
Iran can these moves because they're already ostracized. Even if you bomb them day and night, they don't have much to lose. What they have done is extremely dangerous.

I'd have to consider the leaders have lost their mind if India lobbed missiles at let's say China, because they were taking over Philipines
why would they do it for phillipine when Indian territory is being taken by China?

Sanglamorre

Country flag
why would they do it for phillipine when Indian territory is being taken by China?
That's the equivalent to what Iran has done. If India hits China and Pakistan for own own territorial issues, that's fine, just not equivalent to what Iran has done in this instance.

War in democracies needs to be a last resort to be palatable to everyone. From what I have seen, it's become clear to me something very dramatic and drastic has to happen to civilian population to move India to war.

sameer3694

India was also sanctioned and had nothing to lose in the 80's . They let Pakistan easily go nuclear without
doing anything. For a big country the cowardice the government displays is extreme at times.
India for decades never spoke out against terrorism until recently. No one can believe a country
of 1.4 billion people can be a victim. This weakness and victim card has gained things for India but
Lack of Shatrubodh. If you look at the wars that India has fought, all of them were initiated by the enemies and India was on the backfoot having to defend. Whereas countries like Israel operate on a philosophy of offensive defense i.e Offense is the best defense. I blame Gandhi and his ideology for this. You see this mentality in the average Hindu too.

However, I'll also say this that there was a genuine fear of the country breaking apart in the initial decades due to all the internal insurgencies, separatist movements, Maoists etc, so the leaders of that era were scared to initiate.

Country flag
That's the equivalent to what Iran has done. If India hits China and Pakistan for own own territorial issues, that's fine, just not equivalent to what Iran has done in this instance.

War in democracies needs to be a last resort to be palatable to everyone. From what I have seen, it's become clear to me something very dramatic and drastic has to happen to civilian population to move India to war.
when a rogue terrorist country like Pakistan is developing nuclear weapons to annihilate you.
A pre emptive strike or even a nuclear strike would have been justified IMO.

vishnugupt

Country flag
UN Generals are sole reason for that. Despite of one of biggest defence budgets. Indian military power remains poor. What they do, buy 5-10 shinny toys and get life time maintanence kick back.

On the other hand, over the time Iran has achieved self sufficiency in many military areas. They have multiple drones, Cruise missiles and we have none.

Our Generals are most incompetent unemployable people on planet.

Iran can strike because they are prepared. At time of strike Our Generals use it as opportunity for more door to door shopping.

Mark my Words, until UN Generals keep buying 10-20 equipments in inflated price we will never be able to strike back.

Country flag
UN Generals are sole reason for that. Despite of one of biggest defence budgets. Indian military power remains poor. What they do, buy 5-10 shinny toys and get life time maintanence kick back.

On the other hand, over the time Iran has achieved self sufficiency in many military areas. They have multiple drones, Cruise missiles and we have none.

Our Generals are most incompetent unemployable people on planet.

Iran can strike because they are prepared. At time of strike Our Generals use it as opportunity for more door to door shopping.

Mark my Words, until UN Generals keep buying 10-20 equipments in inflated price we will never be able to strike back.
Except for missiles /tejas almost every defence project winds up being dumped.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Except for missiles /tejas almost every defence project winds up being dumped.
Have you noticed any peculiar change now days??

Before coming negative import list UN Generals used to shout from the Rooftop for Howitzers, Attack helicopters, assault rifles, carbines, IFV, AAM, ATGM. ( Urgent need, we are running out low )

Now after coming negative import list, all urgency has died down quietly.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Things are getting hyped up too much. No way this is happening, all these is drama to please domestic audience.

Country flag
Have you noticed any peculiar change now days??

Before coming negative import list UN Generals used to shout from the Rooftop for Howitzers, Attack helicopters, assault rifles, carbines, IFV, AAM, ATGM. ( Urgent need, we are running out low )

Now after coming negative import list, all urgency has died down quietly.
I remember during Kargil it was so bad there was a shortage of artillery, machine guns and rounds(was supplied by south africa/Israel in emergency)

Azaad

Country flag
whatever reason Iran has they made a gutsy move one that I have never seem India make in any situation;
after 26/11 or salami slicing. India still has yet to show any backbone. If I am wrong please give an example?
let's give some respect instead of criticizing. They actually made a calculated precision move sent a message to israel and USA.
The gutsy act as you described it was India striking at Balakot & 3 other locations simultaneously post Pulwama. Israel struck the Iranian embassy in Damascus. The responses are before you .

In Israel's case they were forewarned , in our case the attacks were ineffective. Whether both these cases call for retaliatory measures which would result in escalation is debatable. At the end of the day Israel eliminated Iranian vectors sponsoring terrorism on its soil . Ditto for India .

Salami slicing is a different topic altogether. The Chinese are a different kettle of fish. Retaliation there means being prepared for escalation leading all the way up to a possible war . I don't think the present or past governments are ready for that.

However Operation Snow Leopard on the Kailash range is a potent reminder of how the game can be played both ways . A pity it remains an exception & the gains limited for we didn't follow through & expand the scope of what should've been on the negotiation table.

Country flag
The gutsy act as you described it was India striking at Balakot & 3 other locations simultaneously post Pulwama.
After 4 wars with Pakistan (where India was victourous) :
1)India did not solve Kashmir problem
2)India did not gain territory
3)Pakistan became a nuclear nation
4)Bangladesh became a separate country (and possibly a new front in the future)

When countries win wars these kind of issues do not persist afterwards.

Last edited:
Country flag
This maybe what Iranians want ? Israel better be ready for a multi front war
from nations with the backing of Russia and China. What could have been
avoided will now be an existential crisis for Israel. UAE and Saudis have said USA and
Israel will not be allowed to use their airspace or land to launch attacks on Iran. Very
stupid move by USA/israel not suprised. Every move Israel makes is with full blessings
of US. Iranians are not stupid arabs whose asses Israel has kicked for decades.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles