L&T's SOV-400 Submarine

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
L&T's New Submarine displayed at DefExpo'22
  • Diesel-electric midget submarine
  • ~45 meters long (just 25 meters shorter than Scorpene).
  • 4.3 meters pressure head diameter and 5.9 meters height
  • Displacement 500 tonnes surfaced (550 tonnes submerged).
  • Endurance 20+ days and Range 2000 nautical miles.
  • Total crew 12: 2 operators, 2 diver support personnel and 8 special forces.
  • Two swimmer delivery vehicles (each having 4 special forces) to deploy soldiers to shores.
  • Carries two torpedoes for limited offensive roles.
  • If supplied to Navy, will be scaled up for L&T's upcoming conventional submarine program.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
@Indx TechStyle I was wondering if this kind of technology be used for commercial use.
Korea operates submarine for toruist very similar to this, we can do the same in Andaman and Maldives.
L&T doesn't have money to produce a prototype. So unless navy orders, this product will remain a half-baked one, not ripe of civil sector.

johnj

@Indx TechStyle I was wondering if this kind of technology be used for commercial use.
Korea operates submarine for toruist very similar to this, we can do the same in Andaman and Maldives.
No, under current tourism conditions, why- too costly, less customers, big big loss etc. but can consider, considering corruptions. like sea plane.

Super falcon

Country flag
Why India dropped Soryu Class induction in it's navy when India was seriously interested in their lithium batteries tech

Super falcon

Country flag
Little champ, this thread and this program is about midget submarines, not attack submarines.
Sir I agree but I want to know requirements for more 6 subs are been fulfilled with these L&T subs why they not considering Soryu when they were interested in it

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Sir I agree but I want to know requirements for more 6 subs are been fulfilled with these L&T subs why they not considering Soryu when they were interested in it
Neither Japan showed interest joining P75I nor there was a consensus in Indian navy that they want this submarine. India was more into a peroxide based AIP.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles