New Russian single engine fighter jet

not so dravidian

Country flag
what's going to matter is the engine. if its AL 41 variant, then f@ck it

if its item 30 based, maybe it has some change then. it will definitely take min of 5 years.

by then tejas mk1a will start limited production. i don't think this is going to be much of problem for tejas series

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Single engine fighter that too with Russian engine. No thanks by the time it gets ready both amca and mwf would have taken it's first flight.
We don't know whether this jet has already had its first flight .

Amca will be ready after 2030. HAL can't stick to its production timeline when it came to Tejas IOC and FOC. And you people believe we will stick to the timelines.

It may well be the F-35, I don't care. I am rather frustated with us inducting 4+ and 4++ gen jets when most Tom and Dick elsewhere are inducting fifth gen jets.

We seem to be rather happy with non VLO stuff and then even more content at explaining to us on how spectra and other exotic ew suites on these jets makes them almost invisible . Remember DEDIRA and other programs.

And regarding Russian engines, well they used to suffer from poor TTSL and TBO figures but we'll thats a thing of the past . AL-41F1S from NPO has a 4000 hrs TTSL which is good and this isn't even the latest stuff from Russian stables.

In this forum, I have experienced a general sense of antipathy for Russian acs in general . While some of it is well founded others are based on hearsay and rumours floating around.

And yes , let us all wait for Amca.

Vamsi

Country flag

Amca will be ready after 2030. HAL can't stick to its production timeline when it came to Tejas IOC and FOC. And you people believe we will stick to the timelines.

It may well be the F-35, I don't care. I am rather frustated with us inducting 4+ and 4++ gen jets when most Tom and Dick elsewhere are inducting fifth gen jets.

We seem to be rather happy with non VLO stuff and then even more content at explaining to us on how spectra and other exotic ew suites on these jets makes them almost invisible . Remember DEDIRA and other programs.

And regarding Russian engines, well they used to suffer from poor TTSL and TBO figures but we'll thats a thing of the past . AL-41F1S from NPO has a 4000 hrs TTSL which is good and this isn't even the latest stuff from Russian stables.

In this forum, I have experienced a general sense of antipathy for Russian acs in general . While some of it is well founded others are based on hearsay and rumours floating around.

The most important question here is , Will Russians try to derail our indigenous aircraft Programme?
Answer is Yes, they will sure derail Tejas-Mk2 and AMCA if we import that bitch and there is no doubt at all, and hence we should not import it no matter how capable it is.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Checkmate ! checkmate to what ? Tejas-MK2 ? We don't need this chick in our Air force. I'm more than 100% sure that Russians will derail not only Tejas Mk-2 but also AMCA. Enough of this russian stock
Checkmate to the F-35. The ac is meant for all those nations who are looking for a F-35 class jet but doesn't want to be bagged down with the luggage that is usually associated with any such procurements.

Amca is quite some distance away . Won't fly before 2025.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
The most important question here is , Will Russians try to derail our indigenous aircraft Programme?
Answer is Yes, they will sure derail Tejas-Mk2 and AMCA if we import that bitch and there is no doubt at all, and hence we should not import it no matter how capable it is.
We should stick to Tejas mk1A and the MWF when most of the other self respecting airforces get 5th gen jets and also participate in multi nation exercises featuring such acs.

Look at S Korea. They have their own program. The first KFX block 1 prototype was unveiled recently . Yet they are buying F-35.

We seem to be very happy with flying yester year jets when the whole world moves on . And we can always satisfy our ego by reminding us every now and then that we have the Amca which will soon have its first flight and will soon get inducted .

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
We should stick to Tejas mk1A and the MWF when most of the other self respecting airforces get 5th gen jets and also participate in multi nation exercises featuring such acs.

Look at S Korea. They have their own program. The first KFX block 1 prototype was unveiled recently . Yet they are buying F-35.

We seem to be very happy with flying yester year jets when the whole world moves on . And we can always satisfy our ego by reminding us every now and then that we have the Amca which will soon have its first flight and will soon get inducted .
So do u want us to cancel MWF program I am sorry with this attitude we will remain net importer. It's right time we should stop acting like hungry dog who runs towards every random weapon while ignoring his own house.

Vamsi

Country flag

As of now it is being developed using internal funds, If we wanna buy it, first we have to fund it's development which means it sucks our money from other programmes and our Air Force will ask its own enhancements which means it will cost more but not less. Remember that AMCA haven't got its CCS approval yet. We can't spend our limited amount of money on an imported toy. We have wasted so much in the past, we can't do that now.

Neptune

Country flag
Gold diggers are not always a good wife.

What is up with fools like you? This is a defense forum. Do you have anything technical or educational to add? No obviously not.

I’m sure you can find other forums where you can make nasty, derogatory and sexist remarks. You add zero value to this forum other then spamming and getting sexual arousals.

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
What is up with fools like you? This is a defense forum. Do you have anything technical or educational to add? No obviously not.

I’m sure you can find other forums where you can make nasty, derogatory and sexist remarks. You add zero value to this forum other then spamming and getting sexual arousals.
He was using it as Metaphor
(At least as far as I can tell)
By gold digger he means Russians, The Admiral Goreshkov, The Tanks ,The Rifles, The MANPaDS, and everywhere the Roosies just act like a Leech, the funding of FGFA program is a prime example

Gold digger being an apt Metaphor, I have to agree with @Kchontha here
Can't blame the Russians really though

Neptune

Country flag
He was using it as Metaphor
(At least as far as I can tell)
By gold digger he means Russians, The Admiral Goreshkov, The Tanks ,The Rifles, The MANPaDS, and everywhere the Roosies just act like a Leech, the funding of FGFA program is a prime example

Gold digger being an apt Metaphor, I have to agree with @Kchontha here
Can't blame the Russians really though

I know what he meant. India generally has gotten very good deals from Russia with SU-30MKIs as well as MiG-29 upgrades and such. Other deals were not great but India would have paid much more from western counterparts for systems that may not even be offered to India to begin with. Western companies are generally less flexible when it comes to ToT and custom upgrades.

Anyways, India paid very high costs for Apaches and Rafales and got taken to the woodshed with the Mirage upgrades. Likewise India pumped billions into domestic companies such as HAL, and what is the results? A forth generation aircraft that took decades to produce, and the results? Poor to mediocre capabilities with a lot of foreign equipment. Arjun is no better, it’s a poor design that’s too heavy, has outdated gun and very weak points in the armor. The latest T-90 is far superior in every regard.

Anyways I don’t see what this has to do with India. No one here works for the Indian ministry of defense or nor do the Indian defense personnel takes any advice from random forums. Complaining about Russians/a secret aircraft online with armchair generals is like arguing with a door knob.

Kchontha

Country flag

Oh common mate, I don't come to this forum to derogate such an intelligence persona like u but to those morons who believe the ruskeis are manufecturing a single engine fgfa with a third gen engine to woe funding from other countries.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles