Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
There's nothing unique or revolutionary about that "telescopic piston" that you're mentioning. It's basically what Tavors have been doing since past three decades
Perun x16/17 BCG :
View attachment 219153
Tavor/X-95 BCG :
View attachment 219152
As for accuracy due to reduction in vibration of moving parts, it should be somewhere in between a quasi-DI AR and a short-stroke gas piston rifle. And that's the only little pro it has. As for con, it would get very very hot and that too in a place that's just above the chamber and below the scope mount. Also remember it's going to "contain" the hot gases for the whole duration instead of venting out like a typical piston gun with gas block - cylinder mounted far back. Another issue would be the "dumping" of hot gases, as soon as the piston would clear the cylinder hot gases would come back inside the gun.

That's what they do so that it can use aftermarket parts.
What you and @Johny_Baba are doing for a living?

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
I make small illegal guns for local gangs.
He on the other hand is introducing cheap 3D printed guns (you can check his posts if you don't believe me) in Indian black market and capture my whole customer base.
🥲
You must be the one who is making all those kattas which blows up the hands of the users

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
1692908507369.png

1692908573780.png

This japani guy is modifying (reprogramming?) airsoft gun's replica sights to project aviation style 'HUD' on them, he seemingly also "calibrated" (? how, beyond my understanding) for different actual rifle calibres 🤔
and making different switchable ;displays; like this CQB one etc
It's his hobby project for Airsoft guns and he even sold some of them to similarly interested hobbyists but what an idea

Imagine owning a 3-d printer and some electronics kits suitable for this and glasses and source code and ability to combine everything together and..

moreover to that, he's integrating actual ballistic elements to this "HUD Sights
1692909051557.png

he says they have included a data package for more than just airsoft - like 9mm-5.56mm-even 50cal

Spindrift

View attachment 219656
View attachment 219657

This japani guy is modifying (reprogramming?) airsoft gun's replica sights to project aviation style 'HUD' on them, he seemingly also "calibrated" (? how, beyond my understanding) for different actual rifle calibres 🤔
and making different switchable ;displays; like this CQB one etc
It's his hobby project for Airsoft guns and he even sold some of them to similarly interested hobbyists but what an idea

Imagine owning a 3-d printer and some electronics kits suitable for this and glasses and source code and ability to combine everything together and..

moreover to that, he's integrating actual ballistic elements to this "HUD Sights
View attachment 219658
he says they have included a data package for more than just airsoft - like 9mm-5.56mm-even 50cal
This is f'ing awesome!

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
PLA what normal grunts get vs what the special forces will get.

View attachment 219196
Iam not averse to admit it , as far as aesthetically this weapon system is best to see and admire as far ar as iam concerned ۔
It's just beautiful. Beautiful than a Sig , beautiful than ak 203 .
It has its own originality.
What a bloody shame , we who have now sent a rover on moon could not even design such a beautiful rifle.
Don't bring in sss defence etc.
Iam saying that about arde or adani plr or the likes۔

tomthounaojam

Country flag
Is .45 prohibited bore in India, I see .45 rimless is but there are .45 being made in India like Webley but that is for the civilian market bit confused.

jik60

Country flag
Is .45 prohibited bore in India, I see .45 rimless is but there are .45 being made in India like Webley but that is for the civilian market bit confused.
Nope .45 is a non prohibited bore in India. Civilian can buy .45 calibers.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles