Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Does anyone have that old photo of INSAS modified with a Coat Hanger/Wire Stock of Romanian AKs? Thanks in Advance.
@Johny_Baba @ALBY and others.
Whilst searching for this, I found this screenshot of an Underfolding stock INSAS rifle at the Rifle Room in Rifle Factory Ishapore from Sandeep Unnithan’s video. Don’t know if this has been posted here before.
IMG_2579.jpeg

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag

SSS Defence 7.62x39mm P72 rifle firing.
I wanted to post a long reply with pics and all, but since i'm busy with something right now i'll just put some pointers for now
>their so named and famed P72 rifle was a two-piece receiver design which looked similar to this but still differentiable enough, P72 older pics clearly shown two-piece receiver design with a milled construction receivers AND a magazine well integrated to lower one, with an *ahem* ambidextrous magazine catch-release that extended upto finger guard so in theory a firer can drop it by pushing his fingers forward and ambidextrous fire selectors and modular buttstock and so-so features expected from a modern rifle
>there ALSO existed, let's say, their own AK-like single piece receiver design rifle with some makeshift extended magazine wall, seemingly made in milled construction receiver, with this Texas Arms pattern handguards and railed top cover that was once shown in some expo, perhaps it was also observed by Gen V. K. Singh too in some expo

now this rifle here in the video, despite nokia VGA camera tier quality of recording, has shown some interesting things
- AK like single receiver design
- dust cover mounted, seemingly non-reciprocated charging handle with perhaps exposed slot
- no extended magazine well, your typical AK style design there
- firer, after having fired it, racked the charging handle to ensure its empty, clicked the triger and pulled his hand towards right side of the receiver where your typical AK style selector lies to perhaps put it back on safe
^all very typical AK style features

this kinda raises my ever skeptic thoughts that perhaps they just...showed us their AK upgrade kit on some typical AK instead of actual P72 (reminder there even exists left-side charging handle AK top covers from some amreeki manufacturers nowadays) which was a distinguishably different design...OR..or they perhaps just went back to typical AK base design for 7.62x39mm calibre offerings from their side and give it the name P72 here

i'm being lazy right now so won't put the pics to back my arguments besides all the pics of their rifles are available there on their dedicated thread so just go back there and check yourself

tl, dr;
nice progress that they finally shown this alleged P72 being fired in their range; BUT is it really that P72 that they so proudly presented in various defexpos or just a typical AK upgraded, is a question in my mind
in either case looks better and definitely a better option over AK-103M er...AK-203 Indian version

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Does anyone have that old photo of INSAS modified with a Coat Hanger/Wire Stock of Romanian AKs? Thanks in Advance.
@Johny_Baba @ALBY and others.
here is INSAS with no buttstock
1715285069151.png

here is what you asked for, though it's blurry
1715286667959.png

i think i had clearer one somewhere too but currently not in my reach; but as you can see chinese soldiers in background; it's from "Hand-in-Hand" joint exercise with them, so try to search around yourself with this available info

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
here is INSAS with no buttstock
View attachment 252174

here is what you asked for, though it's blurry
View attachment 252176
i think i had clearer one somewhere too but currently not in my reach; but as you can see chinese soldiers in background; it's from "Hand-in-Hand" joint exercise with them, so try to search around yourself with this available info
Thanks, if anyone can find a clear image of this, please do send it.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Beautiful love this tnx for actually winning a tender for once.

Few things to note -

The gun is made keeping modularity in mind with potential upgrades in future possibly

1. Variable berrel lengths

2. Shorter Compact receiver

So they seems to have good plans for it in the future

Last edited:

VictorDelta4

Country flag
Beautiful love this tnx for actually winning a tender for once.

Few things to note -

The gun is made keeping modularity in mind with potential upgrades in future possibly

1. Variable berrel lengths

2. Shorter Compact receiver

So they seems to have good plans for it in the future
Hope they also include a better RMR/Micro Dot sight compared to what's on it right now.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles