DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Chinmoy

Country flag
usually their MIC won't miss a chance to get a tag of battle-tested tech, let's wait and see.
OTOH, Ukrainians got PARM 1 in hand. Not sure about its performance too.

But if we could fuze Spider, PARM and WEDC, then it would be a very cost effective anti tank solution for us.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Thak chuka hu ye sunke.
Either Saab will lobby and get the orders.
or indonesians are having romantic period with Turks they will wait for there aew&c platform to be ready..
Another thing is they want 2 and for max 800millions.. That too on loan.. which india can provide.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
First let our own airforce induct in good numbers! Even porkis have 10 aew&c
Can't believe netra came in service in 2012 still only 3 have been delivered as of now over a decade but hardly any purchased. They banned Embraer because of corruption.
Ham 🦵 per pe nhi gardan pe kulhadi marte hai..
This was way better than Swedish aew&c it has potential...
They had sold it to 9 countries around 20 were sold.
We could have easily sold it to some of countries like Greece, Saudis, UAE, Brazil, mexico, Thailand
we have way better relation with Arabs & Thais than they have..
Still there is potential for sells to indonesia the GaN based is very superior to there's..

Last edited:

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
Can't believe netra came in service in 2012 still only 3 have been delivered as of now over a decade but hardly any purchased. They banned Embraer because of corruption.
Ham 🦵 per pe nhi gardan pe kulhadi marte hai..
This was way better than Swedish aew&c it has potential...
They had sold it to 9 countries around 20 were sold.
We could have easily sold it to some of countries like Greece, Saudis, UAE, Brazil, mexico, Thailand
we have way better relation with Arabs & Thais than they have..
Still there is potential for sells to indonesia the GaN based is very superior to there's..
iaf somehow fked up their entire plans even worse way than the army if we see any of the segment iaf would be stuck cargo=stuck
jet=stuck
awacs=stuck
tankers=stuck
squadren strength= low
indigenisation=low
logistics=fked up
mrfa=stuck
isr/spy planes= stuck
drones= stuck
mig 21 still flying (i know they would be replaced eventually)

only things that iaf worked well on are comms,radars,sams and ew systems cause drdo has fairly succesful time developing them (except long range sams)
with mk2, amca,ghatak coming up iaf still has fair bit of future but they really mis planned this decade

omaebakabaka

iaf somehow fked up their entire plans even worse way than the army if we see any of the segment iaf would be stuck cargo=stuck
jet=stuck
awacs=stuck
tankers=stuck
squadren strength= low
indigenisation=low
logistics=fked up
mrfa=stuck
isr/spy planes= stuck
drones= stuck

only things that iaf worked well on are comms,radars,sams and ew systems cause drdo has fairly succesful time developing them (except long range sams)
with mk2, amca,ghatak coming up iaf still has fair bit of future but they really mis planned this decade
I would not blame the IAF totally either, DRDO has been a kichidi integrator from possibly dozen systems from dozen countries for all we know.....should have ordered one major Rafale acquisition for last time before we have Tejas line, and su line for heavy. They should have gone for 5 squadrons at the least with another 3 for upgraded Rafales. Transport also, should have just acquired a squadron of 130 and 17s and be done for 2 to 3 decades while building own.

Only clear progress from DRDO has been on the munitions side including missiles, rest all like drones is cloaked in mystery.

jai jaganath

Country flag
jet=stuck
awacs=stuck
tankers=stuck
squadren strength= low
indigenisation=low
logistics=fked up
mrfa=stuck
isr/spy planes= stuck
drones= stuck

Nah awacs is the only segment after light transporters where iaf has worked competently
If we specifically speaking about today
6 netra mk2 on order and will be a great boost
And 6 mk1a will get clearance when bjp returns to power I mean immediately as stated by dubeyji in a Twitter space

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Nah awacs is the only segment after light transporters where iaf has worked competently
And 6 mk1a will get clearance when bjp returns to power I mean immediately as stated by dubeyji in a Twitter space
It should come in category same as Tejas. very very late first one came in service almost 12 years ago. How many have been inducted ?
I don't know why programs which are successful somehow are hindered for mass produced.. if iaf would have not changed the requirements of Tejas multiple time basic tejas
Like jf17 block 2 would have been in service way back. Once system is inducted it is easy to upgrade and it's evolves with time.. like jf17 did..

I'm convinced there is a lobby whose goal is to somehow stop indigeneous products from mass production... This can't be coincidence.. with so many..

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
i mean developing a platform is a big achievement but then not inducting it is a foolish move

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Just make me understand the bold part a bit more specifically.
It is not easy to upgrade once system is inducted.. I mean like once user has experience improvement can be done accordingly in future production units. srry.

it is definitely better to evolve inducted platform like Pakis did with jf17..
Whatever Tejas was back then it was better than mig21.. it should have been inducted in large numbers. Then future developments could have been done like jf17 block 3. (Mk1A).
But iaf never purchased..they kept changing there requirements every now and then & even kept sky high requirements.. forcefully or somehow they purchased 40 Tejas mk1.
Wouldn't it have been nice if Tejas with jf17 block1,2 capabilities would have been inducted.. it would have replaced mig21s way back if it was it's replacement it surpassed it's capabilities in all terms.. & by the 2024 mk1A would have been ready & just like Pakis are upgrading there block 2s to Block 3 standard we could have done the same.

Even the Swedish gripen followed same way.
It is just our af who want complete ready medy platform..

Some say-national security compromise bc mig21 is neither securing india. It doesn't secure it's pilot..

Last edited:

jai jaganath

Country flag
It should come in category same as Tejas. very very late first one came in service almost 12 years ago. How many have been inducted ?
I don't know why programs which are successful somehow are hindered for mass produced.. if iaf would have not changed the requirements of Tejas multiple time basic tejas
Like jf17 block 2 would have been in service way back. Once system is inducted it is easy to upgrade and it's evolves with time.. like jf17 did..

I'm convinced there is a lobby whose goal is to somehow stop indigeneous products from mass production... This can't be coincidence.. with so many..
Yes things were very worse and many things are in much worse conditions even today
But somethings have improved and awacs is one of such segments
Presently we have 5 awacs
From next year or 2026 we will receive delivery of 1st netra mk2 and then till 2030 we will get all 6 meanwhile after clearance hopefully this year we can start receiving netra mk1a from 2027 or 2028
5+6+6(only 2 having 360 capability)
By 2032 is quite possible
Definitely a good upliftment

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
y
Yes things were very worse and many things are in much worse conditions even today
But somethings have improved and awacs is one of such segments
Presently we have 5 awacs
From next year or 2026 we will receive delivery of 1st netra mk2 and then till 2030 we will get all 6 meanwhile after clearance hopefully this year we can start receiving netra mk1a from 2027 or 2028
5+6+6(only 2 having 360 capability)
By 2032 is quite possible
Definitely a good upliftment
yeah i too look forward to 2035 timeline where all of our sharp shortcomings should end with navy getting tedbf air force having a good amount of mk2, some amca too as you said about the awacs and i think the order of refulers and spy planes would be done in near future while ghatak would come too i expect good days ahead (maybe the accha din which modi proposed all in 2014)

Chinmoy

Country flag
It is not easy to upgrade once system is inducted.. I mean like once user has experience improvement can be done accordingly in future production units. srry.

it is definitely better to evolve inducted platform like Pakis did with jf17..
Whatever Tejas was back then it was better than mig21..
What is the recent upgrade cost of F-16 for that?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles