DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Chinmoy

Country flag
My entire point was allocation of funds should now be on subs and destroyers
Not on 4th or 5th carrier
When he is saying such things at present that indicates either they are focusing on building more carriers or its just election gimmick
First of all, don't assume the news based on a tweet or with a one liner posted anywhere. Try to read the whole news item and then try to understand what has been said and in what context. If you can read in between lines, you would come across a lot of info.

Now coming to the news, link for which has been given in the tweet itself. At the beginning itself, it has been mentioned as
He was referring to the pending proposal of the Navy to make another indigenous carrier same in size as INS Vikrant, which weighed 45,000 tonne and was commissioned in September 2022.

Was it mentioned anywhere regarding what is the plan of IN or how many ships or subs would be inducted by them?

He was just answering to one question about one particular subject.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
So better spend resources on it rather going for 4th or 5th carrier
Once these ships start their constructions we can look for further carriers
As economy grows spending will increase so this major acquisition program/timelines are designed in a way it won't hurt budget in future... Resources are proportionally distributed as per there need..

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
My entire point was allocation of funds should now be on subs and destroyers
Not on 4th or 5th carrier
When he is saying such things at present that indicates either they are focusing on building more carriers or its just election gimmick
india would be 10 trillion nominal in 2030-2040 timeline and thats just 10-15 years away 6 carriers would easily take 30 years i think its a very balanced plan by that time we would have around 300 billion worth of defence budget (3% of gdp) and already good capex of navy would boom at that point and another reason is i can easily say navy plans stuff very efficiently (according to budget) so i dont expect problem in that case

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Is there any concrete evidence that Archer-NG is licensed produced Heron Mk2?

Also if there is a JV between HAL and IAI then why does this exist?
View attachment 253034
Some sources say it's Heron mk2 some say it's not the posters for NG has no mention of IAI too so their are 2 sides and we shouldn't pick one rn I would rather wait for next expo so we can get more concrete info about it could be an Indian heron or could be something different remind you DRDO had was studying a single engine twin boom design too when Rustom was happening so can be anything

Arad Operator

According to vayu aerospace
Archer ng is heron mk2 basically psu screwdrivergiri
But unlike pvt sector they will try high indigenous content and absorb tech too
Not according to VAYU Aerospace but according to HAL sources! We only pass on to the public what these trusted chaps tell us, we were literally at an invite only event of the mentioned PSU and asked em if Heron MKII is Archer NG and they on our face said tha its the same thing, HAL-IAI JV will be manufacturing it.:D

jai jaganath

Country flag
india would be 10 trillion nominal in 2030-2040 timeline and thats just 10-15 years away 6 carriers would easily take 30 years i think its a very balanced plan by that time we would have around 300 billion worth of defence budget (3% of gdp) and already good capex of navy would boom at that point and another reason is i can easily say navy plans stuff very efficiently (according to budget) so i dont expect problem in that case
We have always seen armed forces never kept up with our growing economy be it mordernization or procurement
I don't have much hopes from them
I don't think even failed nations have their soldiers wearing 1980s ppe
We are approx 4 trillion economy

jai jaganath

Country flag
Not according to VAYU Aerospace but according to HAL sources! We only pass on to the public what these trusted chaps tell us, we were literally at an invite only event of the mentioned PSU and asked em if Heron MKII is Archer NG and they on our face said tha its the same thing, HAL-IAI JV will be manufacturing it.:D
I meant the same thing
Sorry should have written clearly

Arad Operator

Is there any concrete evidence that Archer-NG is licensed produced Heron Mk2?

Also if there is a JV between HAL and IAI then why does this exist?
View attachment 253034
Well we have to take what the HAL chaps said to us orally(not on record) as an fact, they offcourse can't send us the project file as an evidence to prove it everywhere! Hope you understand bhai:D

The HAL-IAI JV is just to produce the Heron MKII under the disguise of Archer NG in India with some tech from the already developed UAVs by DRDO! It will surely have some inhouse developed tech by DRDO...

Funfact:- You will see HAL, BEL & ECIL in the Industry Participation point, surprisingly all the three have a JV with IAI for the sensors, electronics & for production for the Archer NG(Heron MkII).:D

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
We have always seen armed forces never kept up with our growing economy be it mordernization or procurement
I don't have much hopes from them
I don't think even failed nations have their soldiers wearing 1980s ppe
We are approx 4 trillion economy
thats why i quoted navy differently they identified that they cant make a big force on imports very early on all the naval psu and shipyards are doing well too navy navy would be 100% indigenous till 2047 (said by naval chief) which in itself is a big commitment too and navy maintains the budget very well too they have the smallest in manpower too without losing much operational needs too
while on the opposite side army is a like a fat old man which just doesnt comply they have been mismanaging every thing from vest armour to battle rifles from yearsssss in cost of 6 apache army could have given A grade equipment to the infantry but army things are known to only army
air force is just gross misplanning

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles