General History Thread

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
When the ethnogenesis of the Pashtuns itself is recorded to have happened in the late 10th , early 11th century onwards you keep on insisting the Huns integrated into the Pashtuns. Perhaps you're evidence of it which nobody else has come across. If so , kindly share it here.
I agree with you. I should've been more careful, i meant that the Yeopthal clan had settled in the Qandahar-Quetta-ghazni axis, and in future, became part of the pashtun ethnogenesis, which begins to happen in the 10th century under the Ghaznavids (who ironically, were turkic slavers of the pashtuns).

Moreover the Zunbils themselves were allies of the Turk & later Hindu Shahis with there being marital alliances between them & their sun worship was restricted to Zabulistan region with the sun temple to Zhun speculated to be Surya or some variation of the Sun God located in Zamindawar the capital of the Zunbils with the worship continuing there till they were conquered by the Saffarids in the late 9th century.
Correct. However, iirc, the eastern & northern fringes of the Zabul region shows an expanding Shaiva presence, my speculation is due to the abdal clan, presence there, with Saffarids extinguishing it forcefully.

The hun presence in kashmir (who integrated into the Gonada dynasty) shows similar shaivi popularity over the sun worship there.

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
These barbarians should learn from the example of superior kufr religions, be it Indian or Chinese or Japanese or Thai - forget civil wars against legitimate oldest brother, half the time the dynasties picked a middle brother and 99% of the time there was no civil war, within the bros. But then again, arabs and turks are recently civilised people, who's entire civilisation is younger than some family kundlis in India itself.

Azaad

Country flag

True of Egypt , Mesopotamia ( Iraq) & Anatolia ( Turkey) . In the past 2 millenia they've been ruled more by outsiders rather than their own . The Arabs in Egypt & Iraq are settler colonials much like the Turks in Turkey.

GaudaNaresh

Country flag

True of Egypt , Mesopotamia ( Iraq) & Anatolia ( Turkey) . In the past 2 millenia they've been ruled more by outsiders rather than their own . The Arabs in Egypt & Iraq are settler colonials much like the Turks in Turkey.
i don't get it. Which period is supposed to be the nubians ( taharqa i believe ?) ? And why is egypt ruled by outside till 2024 ?

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
3rd intermediate period.

Who says Egypt is ruled by outsiders in 2024 ?
Also, my egyptian history is rusty, but isnt there another period of egyptian self-rule between Darius the III's father re-conquering egypt and somewhere after Xerxes ? IIRC, Egypt was reconquered only 20-30 years prior to Alexander's invasion, after a period of 30-50years of self rule...

Azaad

Country flag
Also, my egyptian history is rusty, but isnt there another period of egyptian self-rule between Darius the III's father re-conquering egypt and somewhere after Xerxes ? IIRC, Egypt was reconquered only 20-30 years prior to Alexander's invasion, after a period of 30-50years of self rule...
Darius III 's father ? He himself was a usurper . His father was unknown. Egypt was conquered by Cambyses from whom Darius III seized the throne. The timelines depicted are by and large accurate to the best of my limited knowledge .

If not I wouldn't be able to tell. Neither an expert on the Achaemenid Empire history nor on Egyptian history .

Reactions: SKC

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
Darius III 's father ? He himself was a usurper . His father was unknown. Egypt was conquered by Cambyses from whom Darius III seized the throne. The timelines depicted are by and large accurate to the best of my limited knowledge .

If not I wouldn't be able to tell. Neither an expert on the Achaemenid Empire history nor on Egyptian history .
The Twenty-ninth & thirtieth dynasty. Ruled egypt from 398 BCE- 343 BCE.

Azaad

Country flag

Interesting slice of history in the early to mid 8th century , about the Muktapida kings , the empire it carved out in Central Asia & the political situation there immediately before the Battle of the Talas river between the Abbasid Caliphate & the Tang Dynasty , between the various players involved namely the Tibetan Empire , the Muktapida Empire based in Kashmir , their allies the Hindu Shahis in Kabul & the Zunbils in Zabul , the Tang Empire , the Tarim Basin & the interloping Arabs .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles