Arad Operator

Upper Receiver Group - Improved

- SureFire 4P flash hider
- Daniel Defense barrel (14.5" or 11.5") & gas block
- Geissele Mk16 rail (13" or 10")
- Colt or FN or Mueller upper receiver
- Colt or FN bolt carrier group
- Geissele airborne charging handle
All the things were intact but they went in FN UR and FN BCG, don't know the status at present but they received a very small number of this kit!

Arad Operator

In the Amy SF, each assault team of each unit(exAIRBORNEs now included) has 35-45 M4s in the armoury...So total of 135-150 M4s per unit!

Can't reveal the exact number of M4s frogmen have as they're very conservative about their numbers but an est 25-50 M4s for the whole force AFAIk:)

Now with Arads pouring in, their will be enough AR pattern rifles to equip half the force with Arads and M4s only...

Gessler

Country flag
There were talks that Army and Navy will upgrade their M4A1 SOPMODs in URGI style:)
Believe me, the level of component expertise needed at the armoury level to even request such an upgrade does not exist in India anywhere.

At most you might see individuals/units carry out upgrades on their own weapons with unit funds but any widespread program like SOPMOD Block-2 is not happening.

rkhanna

Country flag
Dude, the more fat you are carrying the more buoyant you will be and therefore, the easier time you will have swimming from point A to point B.
Bouyancy has nothing to do with swimming in high seas while lugging 30-40K of Kit on you. Infact the bouyancy makes diving more tricky - having to add extra weight on you to keep you under.

I am living proof of the above lol. COVID and post COVID I have put on 8KGs or so. Went for my first dive post COVID last month. I felt the challenges of the extra weight I now carry.

Let alone ingress and egress from Submarines etc etc etc

Arad Operator

9 and 4 have battalion HQs in and around udhampur. The op is going on in basantgarh which is far away from udhampur city, there can be any unit on ground.
Both the units are based side by side, well Basantgarh is far and possibly any RR unit can take on the OP but SF squads are always on standby!

Blood+

Country flag
Ongoing Op update!

One VDC identified as Md. Shareef KIA, 4-5 terrorists trapped... SF going in, more RR and CRPF troops being rushed. Looks like a big OP:)
He died for a just cause. Now it's time to roast the pigs, preferably while their hearts still beat.

khushank

Country flag
Group infiltrated in winters of 2023 from the Rajouri sector! OP is going on, will get all the pigs this time...
Police had received Intel from local Gujjars that terrorists are hiding in a isolated Dhok in punara hills.
However they didn't expect that no of terrorists to be present there (4-5)
It was a small police team and 4-5 VDG members from nearby village!
As soon as the VDG man saw armed men he fired upon them with his .303!
Terrorists opened a burst upon him and ran into nearby forests!!

The forests lead to Kathua, Bhadarwah and Himachal Pradesh!!

paratroopers dropped in!8

Arad Operator

Police had received Intel from local Gujjars that terrorists are hiding in a isolated Dhok in punara hills.
However they didn't expect that no of terrorists to be present there (4-5)
It was a small police team and 4-5 VDG members from nearby village!
As soon as the VDG man saw armed men he fired upon them with his .303!
Terrorists opened a burst upon him and ran into nearby forests!!

The forests lead to Kathua, Bhadarwah and Himachal Pradesh!!

paratroopers dropped in!8
If that VDC guy had an AK, even a SLR instead of the oldy 3o3... We would've gotten a kill or two!

Pigs won't try to enter HP, 1SF will eat em alive!

Kathua and Bhadarwah have been peaceful for quite some time, but their SM cell(PAFF) puked out that they will create unrest in the peaceful areas...

Global Defence

Articles