Innovation in firearms and ammunition

AshishSandhu

Now I encourage interested people to design innovative ideas and showcase them in the thread like I did. Doesn't matter if there is any defect in it. Discussion will resolve the issues in your innovative solutions.

AshishSandhu

Does anyone know that smokeless powder used in ammunition as powder charge is 3 times powerful than black powder and also causes less pollution?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Does anyone know that smokeless powder used in ammunition as powder charge is 3 times powerful than black powder and also causes less pollution?
this forum is not in youtube shorts format, which uses the trope of "do you know" ...

you can just share what you think you know, without bothering about what others know or not know. be factual and post along with reference.

the format of this forum is long form, you need not restrict yourself to bits and pieces, in this forum you can have comprehensive view on national security and hard power related topics.

AshishSandhu

I have an idea to reduce the noise created during firing. As we know that vacuum doesn't allow sound to pass through it. If the firing chamber of the firearm is covered with a layer of vacuum, then the sound can be significantly reduced. But that vacuum needs to be stored in a container which is made of tough material. Taking maraging steel C350 which is ultra strength material, the vacuum can be stored in it. The chamber will not be in the container, but the chamber will be covered with a layer of cuboidal shaped vacuum. It will reduce the noise to much extent but not completely as some sound will escape through the muzzle.

A 7.62-42mm pistol was invented by Russia which used piston system to reduce the noise. But it could be dangerous for the gun as it suppressed the gases in the barrel which could result in barrel wear and frequent replacement of the barrel.

AshishSandhu

I want the readers to suggest and/or advise on my ideas. Laughing is the sign that you like my idea. If you have any doubts, you are free ask.

Last edited:

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
The chamber will not be air tight. The air tight donut shape like container will have the vacuum contained in it which will be around the chamber.
but then how would you make it complete airtight it needs motors pumps and power source which would be bulky lets say you manage all in 2kg(highly unlikely) but then weapon is already 4-5kg plus the 2 kg of airtight equipment its 6 kg then how would you supress the sound of pumps sucking air
and how would you cover the muzzel etc the sound can travel out through the muzzel too and that spot cant be airtight
in short suppressor is way better option

AshishSandhu

but then how would you make it complete airtight it needs motors pumps and power source which would be bulky lets say you manage all in 2kg(highly unlikely) but then weapon is already 4-5kg plus the 2 kg of airtight equipment its 6 kg then how would you supress the sound of pumps sucking air
and how would you cover the muzzel etc the sound can travel out through the muzzel too and that spot cant be airtight
in short suppressor is way better option
The container will not be electrically powered. During its manufacturing, all the air inside it will be removed, .just like we suck air from an empty water glass by mouth. It will be only a container with no air, it will neither be heavy nor be complex.

In case of muzzle, suppressor will still be required. As I progress the idea, the need for suppressor will be eliminated.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles