mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
no doubt these are best tech available anywhere . personally just disappointd that our own drone projects are going nowhere. "import army" is not going to able to fight PLA
the type of drones that are going to used most for PLA, i.e loitering munitions and logistics drones are already indigenised, and the forces are spoilt for choice. if the forces give feedback to the industry, more will be created tailored to their specific needs.

MQ-9B is being primarily being sold to India for ISR in IOR.

mokoman

Country flag
the type of drones that are going to used most for PLA, i.e loitering munitions and logistics drones are already indigenised, and the forces are spoilt for choice. if the forces give feedback to the industry, more will be created tailored to their specific needs.

MQ-9B is being primarily being sold to India for ISR in IOR.
31 drones, 8 for the army . fact that we cant complete something like tapas is concerning .

last i read 70% or more of all drones made globally are from china . someting like 2 or 3 million every year . thats just peace time . ukraine now makes about 50,000 drones / month .

when war with PLA starts we are gonna be on our hands and knees begging for drones / drone parts. the 8 drones army brought for 1 billion will be sitting idle or get shot down

shade

Country flag
31 drones, 8 for the army . fact that we cant complete something like tapas is concerning .

last i read 70% or more of all drones made globally are from china . someting like 2 or 3 million every year . thats just peace time . ukraine now makes about 50,000 drones / month .

when war with PLA starts we are gonna be on our hands and knees begging for drones / drone parts. the 8 drones army brought for 1 billion will be sitting idle or get shot down
These are those suicide drones or those DJI quadcopters.
Not ISR drone like predator.

Anyway even for aforementioned drones we will be running around for (((emergency procurements))) like you have said.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
still the price tho . 120 million drone :lehappy: , ~50 mil for tejas rite .

Capabilities offered are vastly different. MQ-9B is essentially an ISR. 2 Leased MQ-9Bs are proving to be game-changers for our Naval ops, and we are utilising them in every ops possible. Now think 15, we will dominate the entire maritime areas around us, from Yemen to Maldives to Malacca strait.

One single MQ-9 can keep eye on the entire Chinese build-up in Ladakh & sniff their EW & Radar in real time. Information & intelligence is more powerful than any conventional weapon.

We can't really compare Tejas with MQ-9Bs.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag

After shooting war starts any type of slow-flying object will be useless.

But what before that ? 99% of time is either peace or build-up to war. Actual war lasts like few months to a year at max. For India-China, I predict any armed skirmish will not be more than 2 months at max.

Also, good intelligence can give you upper edge in war, or prevent war altogether. Think if we had an MQ-9 before April 2020, we would have picked up Chinese ORBAT well before they could have moved substantial force.

Jimih

Country flag
You are confusing between entirely two different platforms.

mokoman

Country flag
Not ISR drone like predator.

Anyway even for aforementioned drones we will be running around for (((emergency procurements))) like you have said.
You are confusing between entirely two different platforms.

i know . thats the 50,000 fpv/recon drones - ukraine making every month and still losing to the Russians.

"import army" will be importing everything . i expect to see our defense minister making quick trips to US and Russia every week .

shade

Country flag
dont get me wrong , not doubting its capabilities but article honestly reads like a paid ad

the articles about f35 , stryker being jointly manufactured in india . feels like there is very silent push for these things in media .
This is being shilled for, they want us to buy Stryker and kill the DRDO WhAP/Tatat Kestrel.
Army requirements were for the IFV/APC to be amphibious which the Kestrel is.
Stryker is not.

DALAL STYLE : REQUIREMENTS CHANGE NO JUTSU!

It's like how they wanted a mine plough on Arjun, DRDO nijjers added that, then they complained it's too heavy.
Then after being plied with offshore bucks and the best randiyas Russia can produce, they settled on like another 1000 Tin-90 tanks instead.

F-35 won't be given until we sign over our sovreignity, and even if it does by some miracle otherwise, it will be the INS Jalashwa fiasco pro plus max.

shade

Country flag

Durjai Chukla is being gang banged by all other patrakars :megusta:

==============================================================================
A report that some lawmakers, including some Indian-American legislators, had put a hold on the sale turned out to be exaggerated after the Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) delivered the required certification notifying the Congress of the possible sale on Thursday, just a day after the purported wrinkle.
US officials nevertheless acknowledged that members of the Congress were consulted on the sale "to address questions that they might have" in what they said is a routine process.
Illustrative of the fact that such legislative hurdles seldom derail the White House's overarching geo-political goals, DSCA said in a statement that the proposed sale "will support the foreign policy and national security objectives of the US by helping to strengthen the US-Indian strategic relationship and to improve the security of a major defence partner which continues to be an important force for political stability, peace, and economic progress in the Indo-Pacific and South Asia region.”

A report that some lawmakers had put a hex on the sale over the Pannun issue was received sceptically both in New Delhi and Washington, where support for US-India military and defence relationship outweighs other relatively minor issues and differences. India and the US overcame a much bigger issue between the two sides when New Delhi went ahead with the purchase of S-400 Triumf air defence systems from Russia, under a $5.43 billion contract inked in 2018, despite reservations in US congress and in the executive.

===================================================================================

I now also know that TheLiar.in isn't a slur for TheWire, it literally says what it is :bplease:

Azaad

Country flag
This is being shilled for, they want us to buy Stryker and kill the DRDO WhAP/Tatat Kestrel.
Army requirements were for the IFV/APC to be amphibious which the Kestrel is.
Stryker is not.

DALAL STYLE : REQUIREMENTS CHANGE NO JUTSU!

It's like how they wanted a mine plough on Arjun, DRDO nijjers added that, then they complained it's too heavy.
Then after being plied with offshore bucks and the best randiyas Russia can produce, they settled on like another 1000 Tin-90 tanks instead.

F-35 won't be given until we sign over our sovreignity, and even if it does by some miracle otherwise, it will be the INS Jalashwa fiasco pro plus max.
Long short story - This story of us importing stuff will continue for another couple of decades at least for we're still transitioning into becoming FULLY self sufficient across the board in platforms , arms , armaments , supporting technology etc .

You'd increasingly see SOME orders being met partially thru imports & MII ( to cater to redundancies where possible in case the indigenous project at hand doesn't deliver on time or is sub optimal or both ) with the rest thru either MII or DMII . Add to this the fact that we don't operate in certain spheres nor are there plans to do so viz Transport Aircraft , etc .

Then you'd have to also factor in arms procurement being used as a tool of diplomacy from our end.

Tridev123

Country flag

Capabilities offered are vastly different. MQ-9B is essentially an ISR. 2 Leased MQ-9Bs are proving to be game-changers for our Naval ops, and we are utilising them in every ops possible. Now think 15, we will dominate the entire maritime areas around us, from Yemen to Maldives to Malacca strait.

One single MQ-9 can keep eye on the entire Chinese build-up in Ladakh & sniff their EW & Radar in real time. Information & intelligence is more powerful than any conventional weapon.

We can't really compare Tejas with MQ-9Bs.
An academic question
I believe that the Iranians took control of an then state of the art Global Hawk UAV and even managed to land it inside their country.
Can you confirm the incident.

An end result was that the Pentagon almost abandoned that platform. Retired that aircraft. Please confirm the news.
I may be mistaken.

Now can the Chinese do a similar act on the 120 million dollars MQ9B even if they were flying quite away from the Chinese border. Take control of the UAV and get it to land in Tibet.

120 millions going down.

If instead we bought more of the P8i or something similar(manned by humans) would they be able to even consider an remote hijack.

What is the cost of an P8i as compared to the MQ9B.

But one thing is clear. On sea the Sea Guardians are undoubtedly an Force Multiplier. No questions about its utility.

We need to reverse engineer that system and develop an indigenous analogue.

But is it wise to pay so much for the land flying version.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles