Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

hurrians

Country flag
Demobilisation
"The bill does not set any time limit for wartime military service, meaning that soldiers who have been fighting since the February 2022 beginning of the full-scale invasion still have no sense of when they will be demobilised. An earlier draft of the bill had proposed setting a time limit."

Putin is a ruthless leader he sent swarms of convicts to overrun your positions and your patriots want to win the war but don't want to mobilise,

reason- zelenski fears mobilization will make him unpopular and now he has taken a leaf out of autocrat putins book , amended the constitution to let criminals be drafted.

With great sorrow and understanding of your people's suffering, I have to admit you bought upon this upon yourself when you (Ukrainians) chose zelensky.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Putin is a ruthless leader he sent swarms of convicts to overrun your positions and your patriots want to win the war but don't want to mobilise,

reason- zelenski fears mobilization will make him unpopular and now he has taken a leaf out of autocrat putins book , amended the constitution to let criminals be drafted.

With great sorrow and understanding of your people's suffering, I have to admit you bought upon this upon yourself when you (Ukrainians) chose zelensky.
I have already say. For a new wave of mobilization, a new law is not needed - a presidential decree is needed and a new wave of mobilization will begin according to the old law. But there is already a new law (unfortunately, I am again not subject to it🙁). Indeed, there is an opportunity to mobilize those who have a criminal record and prisoners, but this is not a copy of Russia. Murderers and maniacs may not count on him. However, murderers can, if the article is “murder through negligence” (collision with a pedestrian, accident at work or at home, etc.). Those who bought criminal records (after February 2022) were out of luck - again we need to come up with something new.:wink:

ww2historian

Country flag
Idiocy cannot be cured. You are a shining example of this. Even T. Carlson told you that talk about Nazism in Ukraine is the ravings of a madman.
Regarding the numbers. In Kherson they drew more than 87% support for the “referendum”, but I did not see crowds of people joyfully greeting Russian troops. When the Ukrainian army returned there, everyone saw the jubilation. I am sure that the same will happen in Crimea.
Okay, you just said Ukraine will take back Crimea and I'm the idiot? Also that's an interesting story about Kherson. Those people are smart. I would never want to be filmed greeting the Russians with joy because if Ukraine took back Kherson (which the did) the Nazi bastards would hang me by my balls. I guess not everyone in Ukraine is a dumbass like you. Also I don't give a shit what T. Carlson says. He knows very little about Ukraine, especially when compared with me.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Okay, you just said Ukraine will take back Crimea and I'm the idiot? Also that's an interesting story about Kherson. Those people are smart. I would never want to be filmed greeting the Russians with joy because if Ukraine took back Kherson (which the did) the Nazi bastards would hang me by my balls. I guess not everyone in Ukraine is a dumbass like you. Also I don't give a shit what T. Carlson says. He knows very little about Ukraine, especially when compared with me.
- when compared with me (с) I have always had a negative attitude towards you, but today I found out that you are also a narcissist.

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
A war engineered by NATO at the cost of Ukrainian cannon fodder. Dishonoring and backing out of the peace deal in 2014, because NATO thought Russia was weak and could be rolled over with Ukrainian bodies and enough munitions. "No peace, death to Russia". Reality is a bitch and slaps hard. And the Ukrainians are the the chumps taken for a bloody ride with malicious promises of grandeur and total victory.
All Ukraine had to do was agree to remain neutral and Russians were happy to fall back from the seized territories. But the Ukrainians at that point were so high off NAFO crack and nonstop Media pandering, they thought they could brute force their way out and even take Crimea by force. Attacking a few Russian oil refineries does not contribute to the war effort, it only pisses off the Pentagon that is not keen on escalation at this juncture. Obscene amount of money's worth in infrastructure damage, impending demographic crisis, bankrupt economy and human resource drain, and no victory in sight. Was it worth it ?
A state run by anarchist clowns who would rather kidnap and draft elderly and minors from the streets, than even entertain the "blasphemous notion" of a peace deal, out of a mess that they themselves manufactured. Feeding the reeling populace with false hopes of total Russian collapse, and talking points faxed by The largest gaslighting imperialist coalition that calls itself the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.

1712932302098.png

1712932437065.png

indiatester

Country flag
Sorry for posting more Russian L's for a while, but we need to understand how hard it is for even an initially well equipped army can be worn down by a determined defender.

Russians using Ural trucks (soft topped) at the frontline near Robotine!
That shows how their mechanized inventory has been worn down steadily.

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
I don’t remember what Indian culture did for European culture that was so global. Asian cultures developed autonomously.
taught you euros how to count and do math properly for starters. Else you guys would still be stuck in the primitive roman age doing roman numeral math.
Not to mention, we are far more civilised than you, given that we are orders of magnitude less criminal than europeans per capita.

ww2historian

Country flag
- when compared with me (с) I have always had a negative attitude towards you, but today I found out that you are also a narcissist.
Comparing people does not make anyone a narcissist. For example blademaster compared you to a retarded monkey. I personally thought that was an insult to all retarded monkeys.
"Because he is behaving like a retarded monkey and has been informed and warned about it. Can't help him if he decided to continue to be a retarded monkey. Only thing to do left is ridicule his way of thinking until he comes around."

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Comparing people does not make anyone a narcissist. For example blademaster compared you to a retarded monkey. I personally thought that was an insult to all retarded monkeys.
"Because he is behaving like a retarded monkey and has been informed and warned about it. Can't help him if he decided to continue to be a retarded monkey. Only thing to do left is ridicule his way of thinking until he comes around."
For me you are a mathematical set of ones and zeros. I saw Tucker Carlson. He is real. Therefore, I have more confidence in him, despite all my negative attitude towards him personally and towards all Trumpists. It’s a pity that in America two old men are fighting for power and the third old man from Russia is happy about it.
But I repeat: I can evaluate Carlson by his actions. But for me you are NOBODY, and all your speeches are a meaningless collection of words. You evoke no more sympathy in me than the drowned man in Orenburg.

ww2historian

Country flag
For me you are a mathematical set of ones and zeros. I saw Tucker Carlson. He is real. Therefore, I have more confidence in him, despite all my negative attitude towards him personally and towards all Trumpists. It’s a pity that in America two old men are fighting for power and the third old man from Russia is happy about it.
But I repeat: I can evaluate Carlson by his actions. But for me you are NOBODY, and all your speeches are a meaningless collection of words. You evoke no more sympathy in me than the drowned man in Orenburg.
I thought Tucker Carlson's interview was a bit weak. He never asked Putin about the US setting up the illegal coup in Ukraine with that witch Victoria Nuland. Putin was well aware of that intercept phone call that proved the US was behind the illegal coup. Perhaps he didn't know about it. If that was the case he didn't do enough research. However if he did know about it, he needed to ask Putin about it. That question that he didn't ask was more important than all his other questions combined.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Sorry for posting more Russian L's for a while, but we need to understand how hard it is for even an initially well equipped army can be worn down by a determined defender.

Russians using Ural trucks (soft topped) at the frontline near Robotine!
That shows how their mechanized inventory has been worn down steadily.

There is absolutely nothing surprising in it. No matter how advance weapons is it always be destroyed in battle field.

Real strength lies in replacing destroyed weapon with new one.

If you see any war which stretch for an year or more, always enter into a attrition warfare.

Only UN Generals believes their 5 apache helicopter and 100 M-777 remain intact for years during a war.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
There is absolutely nothing surprising in it. No matter how advance weapons is it always be destroyed in battle field.

If you see any war which stretch for an year or more, always enter into a attrition warfare.

Only UN Generals believes their 5 apache helicopter and 100 M-777 remain intact for years during a war.
Modern combat is all about tactics, planning and perfect execution and we are all seeing actual examples play out right before our eyes.

Today in any war the side which has superior logistics, and can replenish losses on the battlefield faster than the other side is sure to emerge as the victors of the battle.

In a full scale war, the "Quality vs Quantity" Debate goes in favour of Quantity. Sometimes equipment which is advanced may not be prove to be a game changer but rather a liability.

More sophisticated the equipment, the more maintenance intensive it becomes and it will remain more in a repair shop than in the arms of a soldier who is fighting against the invaders.

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
To us, you are also a nobody. worse than a nobody because you lack integrity and honour. No doubt due to your shit western upbringing.

ww2historian

Country flag
This is an excellent article, by J. D. Vance
Mr. Vance, a Republican, is the junior senator from Ohio.

President Biden wants the world to believe that the biggest obstacle facing Ukraine is Republicans and our lack of commitment to the global community. This is wrong.
Ukraine’s challenge is not the G.O.P.; it’s math. Ukraine needs more soldiers than it can field, even with draconian conscription policies. And it needs more matériel than the United States can provide. This reality must inform any future Ukraine policy, from further congressional aid to the diplomatic course set by the president.
The Biden administration has applied increasing pressure on Republicans to pass a supplemental aid package of more than $60 billion to Ukraine. I voted against this package in the Senate and remain opposed to virtually any proposal for the United States to continue funding this war. Mr. Biden has failed to articulate even basic facts about what Ukraine needs and how this aid will change the reality on the ground.
The most fundamental question: How much does Ukraine need and how much can we actually provide? Mr. Biden suggests that a $60 billion supplemental means the difference between victory and defeat in a major war between Russia and Ukraine. That is also wrong. $60 billion is a fraction of what it would take to turn the tide in Ukraine’s favor. But this is not just a matter of dollars. Fundamentally, we lack the capacity to manufacture the amount of weapons Ukraine needs us to supply to win the war.

Consider our ability to produce 155-millimeter artillery shells. Last year, Ukraine’s then defense minister assessed that their base line requirement for these shells is over four million per year, but said they could fire up to seven million if that many were available. Since the start of the conflict, the United States has gone to great lengths to ramp up production of 155-millimeter shells. We’ve roughly doubled our capacity and can now produce 360,000 per year — less than a tenth of what Ukraine says it needs. The administration’s goal is to get this to 1.2 million— 30 percent of what’s needed — by the end of 2025. This would cost the American taxpayers dearly while yielding an unpleasantly familiar result: failure abroad.

Just this week, the top American military commander in Europe argued that absent further security assistance, Russia could soon have a 10-to-1 artillery advantage over Ukraine. What didn’t gather as many headlines is that Russia’s current advantage is at least 5 to 1, even after all the money we have poured into the conflict. Neither of these ratios plausibly lead to Ukrainian victory.Proponents of American aid to Ukraine have argued that our approach has been a boon to our own economy, creating jobs here in the factories that manufacture weapons. But our national security interests can be — and often are — separate from our economic interests. The notion that we should prolong a bloody and gruesome war because it’s been good for American business is grotesque. We can and should rebuild our industrial base without shipping its products to a foreign conflict.The story is the same when we look at other munitions. Take the Patriot missile system — our premier air defense weapon. It’s of such importance in this war that Ukraine’s foreign minister has specifically demanded them. That’s because in March alone, Russia reportedly launched over 3,000 guided aerial bombs, 600 drones and 400 missiles at Ukraine. To fend off these attacks, the Ukrainian president, Volodymyr Zelensky, and others have indicated they need thousands of Patriot interceptors per year. The problem is this: The United States only manufactures 550 every year. If we pass the supplemental aid package currently being considered in Congress, we could potentially increase annual production to 650, but that’s still less than a third of what Ukraine requires.These weapons are not only needed by Ukraine. If China were to set its sights on Taiwan, the Patriot missile system would be critical to its defense. In fact, the United States has promised to send Taiwan nearly $900 million worth of Patriot missiles, but delivery of those weapons and other essential resources has been severely delayed, partly because of shortages caused by the war.
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/10/travel/the-ranch-wellness-east-coast.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/09/health/bird-flu-nyc-sick.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/10/magazine/spendthrift-friend-dog-fundraiser-ethics.html
If that sounds bad, Ukraine’s manpower situation is even worse. Here are the basics: Russia has nearly four times the population of Ukraine. Ukraine needs upward of half a million new recruits, but hundreds of thousands of fighting-age men have already fled the country. The average Ukrainian soldier is roughly 43 years old, and many soldiers have already served two years at the front with few, if any, opportunities to stop fighting. After two years of conflict, there are some villages with almost no men left. The Ukrainian military has resorted to coercing men into service, and women have staged protests to demand the return of their husbands and fathers after long years of service at the front. This newspaper reported one instance in which the Ukrainian military attempted to conscript a man with diagnosed mental disability.
Many in Washington seem to think that hundreds of thousands of young Ukrainians have gone to war with a song in their heart and are happy to label any thought to the contrary Russian propaganda. But major newspapers on both sides of the Atlantic are reporting that the situation on the ground in Ukraine is grim.
These basic mathematical realities were true, but contestable, at the outset of the war. They were obvious and incontestable a year ago, when American leadership worked closely with Mr. Zelensky to undertake a disastrous counteroffensive. The bad news is that accepting brute reality would have been most useful last spring, before the Ukrainians launched that extremely costly and unsuccessful military campaign. The good news is that even now, a defensive strategy can work. Digging in with old-fashioned ditches, cement and land mines are what enabled Russia to weather Ukraine’s 2023 counteroffensive. Our allies in Europe could better support such a strategy, as well. While some European countries have provided considerable resources, the burden of military support has thus far fallen heaviest on the United States.
By committing to a defensive strategy, Ukraine can preserve its precious military manpower, stop the bleeding and provide time for negotiations to commence. But this would require both American and Ukrainian leadership to accept that Mr. Zelensky’s stated goals for the war — a return to 1991 boundaries — are fantastical.
The White House has said time and again that they can’t negotiate with President Vladimir Putin of Russia. This is absurd. The Biden administration has no viable plan for the Ukrainians to win this war. The sooner Americans confront this truth, the sooner we can fix this mess and broker for peace.
More on Ukraine aid
Opinion | Christopher Caldwell
Everyone Wants to Seize Russia’s Money. It’s a Terrible Idea.
April 9, 2024

Opinion | The Editorial Board
Help Ukraine Hold the Line
April 6, 2024

J.D. Vance (@JDVance1), a Republican, is the junior senator from Ohio.

ww2historian

Country flag
Update from Ukraine | Ruzzians use copy of Taurus | Ukraine runs out of Air Defence | What next?

This is sad. When Denys (who usually lies) gets this negative and grim, it's really going bad for Ukraine.

indiatester

Country flag

I hope our guys are learning the lessons and implementing them.

Hopefully the lessons are not to hide those weapons so that they are not destroyed, but use them and replace them when they do get destroyed. Also do it in a way that its going to be cost efficient for us and expensive for the enemy (both in terms of man and material).

They way the fleet is targeted and how the mechanized brigades are hit is an eye opener. A continuous production line which not only replaces, but also increases the supply if so needed is critical.

I feel the Agniveer concept is excellent to ensure that we have trained troops to call up to replace attrition.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles