Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
@Love Charger You once asked: What is the difference between Ukrainian and Russian languages . I recently read a study - the difference is 33%. Bulgarian and Russian - only 26%. Also Orthodoxy, also Cyrillic. But Bulgaria was never part of Russia and fought against Russia for two WW. Now, too, it is actively producing weapons for Ukraine.
So there is a political emphasis here, but not an ethnic one.
The closest language to Belarusian is Polish. Then Ukrainian - 16% of the difference and Russian only in third place - 24% of the difference. Serbian is closer to Russian (only 20%), but Belarus is an active ally of Russia, and Serbia strives to join NATO.
I, as the child of a Soviet officer, was not obliged to study national languages, and when we moved from Hungary to Donetsk, from 1989 to 1991 I attended Ukrainian language classes only as an elective. However, I was able to master it within this period.
Thank you for the reply , it's much appreciated.
Regards

FactsPlease

Country flag
Israel, Ukraine, Indo-Pacific Security Supplemental Appropriations Acts - One Pager.pdf (house.gov)

Ukraine part:​
THE UKRAINE SECURITY SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATIONS ACT, 2024
The bill totals $60.84 billion to address the conflict in Ukraine and assist our regional partners as they counter Russia, $23.2 billion of which will be used for replenishment of U.S. weapons, stocks, and facilities.​
  • 23.2 billion to replenish defense articles and defense services provided to Ukraine.
  • $11.3 billion for current U.S. military operations in the region.
  • $13.8 billion for the procurement of advanced weapons systems, defense articles, and defense services.
  • $26 million to continue oversight and accountability of aid and equipment provided to Ukraine.
  • Bolsters oversight through in-person monitoring requirements.
  • Requires partners and allies to pay their fair share through cost-matching requirements.
  • Mandates agreement on repayment for economic support by the government of Ukraine.
  • Increases the fiscal limits on several Presidential drawdown authorities.

Sounds to me: the "real money" that Ukraine can use to buy weapons is that $13.8 billion. Together with that $23.2b, I firmly believe biggest winner in this round ear-marking is US MIC.
Well, it's always MIC, right?

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Israel, Ukraine, Indo-Pacific Security Supplemental Appropriations Acts - One Pager.pdf (house.gov)

The bill totals $60.84 billion to address the conflict in Ukraine and assist our regional partners as they counter Russia, $23.2 billion of which will be used for replenishment of U.S. weapons, stocks, and facilities.​
  • 23.2 billion to replenish defense articles and defense services provided to Ukraine.
  • $13.8 billion for the procurement of advanced weapons systems, defense articles, and defense services.
  • $26 million to continue oversight and accountability of aid and equipment provided to Ukraine.
  • Requires partners and allies to pay their fair share through cost-matching requirements.
  • Mandates agreement on repayment for economic support by the government of Ukraine.

Sounds to me: the "real money" that Ukraine can use to buy weapons is that $13.8 billion. Together with that $23.2b, I firmly believe biggest winner in this round ear-marking is US MIC.
23.2 billion - this means that weapons are being given away from American warehouses and new ones are being purchased in their place.

cyclops

Country flag

Dayum...

This is what you are capable of, if your currency is the top dog and you can more or less print money with impunity(for now).

Blademaster

Ukraine is a huge country. IMHO It won't fall.
Russia may realize its objectives by taking most of Donbass etc, but I don't think Russia can take all of Ukraine as it will be too expensive in terms of men and machine leaving Russia weak.
Both will negotiate with Russia keeping the control of what they have taken and Ukraine in return will get to join EU, but not NATO.
russia took it back in ww2.

shade

Country flag
Ukraine is a huge country. IMHO It won't fall.
Russia may realize its objectives by taking most of Donbass etc, but I don't think Russia can take all of Ukraine as it will be too expensive in terms of men and machine leaving Russia weak.
Both will negotiate with Russia keeping the control of what they have taken and Ukraine in return will get to join EU, but not NATO.
It will only "fall" when the West pulls the plug.
Like the South Vietnam regime
or the ANA govt of Afghanistan.

Perhaps in an alternate reality, Kim Jong would be the king of a united Korea if the Americunts had their hippie protests in the 50s instead of the 60s

indiatester

Country flag
russia took it back in ww2.
Yes. They were part of the "good guys" then.

Perhaps in an alternate reality, Kim Jong would be the king of a united Korea if the Americunts had their hippie protests in the 50s instead of the 60s
Agreed. But considering that this is in Europe and that they are white, I don't think the west will pull the plug.

shade

Country flag
Agreed. But considering that this is in Europe and that they are white, I don't think the west will pull the plug.
Irrelevant, whiteys have been getting ass-fucked since the past 100 years socially.
Why they don't pull the plug is that they want a Putin-mukt, Ghulam -e- West Russia badly.

This Mungerilal ka Haseen Sapna will only remain a dream though and Russia will be a large NK style vassal of China.

They are better of waiting for Putin to die of natural causes and hope that all his Siloviki pals die at the same time rather than this chutiyapa. :bplease:

indiatester

Country flag
Irrelevant, whiteys have been getting ass-fucked since the past 100 years socially.
Why they don't pull the plug is that they want a Putin-mukt, Ghulam -e- West Russia badly.

This Mungerilal ka Haseen Sapna will only remain a dream though and Russia will be a large NK style vassal of China.

They are better of waiting for Putin to die of natural causes and hope that all his Siloviki pals die at the same time rather than this chutiyapa. :bplease:
They are also discounting the impact of a hostile Russia at the borders. Imagine the pain they can cause if they start operating their networks in Europe!
Any attempts to leave this conflict without taking Russias concerns to a resolution is going to be a disaster for Europe in the long run.

BTW, haven't seen you in a while. Holiday?

Akim

Professional
Country flag
@Akim is this a Ukrainian ground attack robot attacking a Russian trench?

View attachment 249915
At the front, both sides use different ground-based drones. There are assault drones, ambulance drones, logistics drones, mining drones, sapper drones, electronic warfare drones...
In fact, the “gray zone” is a zone of death and everything that moves there is destroyed. Until the AI enters the fray, such drones have a chance to complete the task, although “drone wars” are becoming more common.
Polish_20240422_155403195-scaled.jpg

Ukrainian FPV hit Russian logistics drone.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
The first package of American aid for 1 billion has go!
So that they don’t think that Ukraine is like a cuckoo bird: the first batch (40 un.) of armored vehicles “Kozak-2M1” and “Kozak-5” this year was received by airborne units.
In total, more than 500 enterprises work for the Ukrainian defense industry. About a dozen enterprises produce armored vehicles.
photo_2024-04-23_23-26-06.jpg

ww2historian

Country flag

The US will pull the plug if either Trump or R. Kennedy Jr. is elected.

ww2historian

Country flag
Biden Administration Announces Significant New Security Assistance for Ukraine
April 24, 2024
  • RIM-7 and AIM-9M missiles for air defense;
  • Stinger anti-aircraft missiles;
  • Small arms and additional rounds of small arms ammunition, including .50 caliber rounds to counter Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS);
  • Additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS);
  • 155mm artillery rounds, including High Explosive and Dual Purpose Improved Conventional Munitions rounds;
  • 105mm artillery rounds;
  • 60mm mortar rounds;
  • Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicles;
  • Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicles (MRAPs);
  • High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles (HMMWVs);
  • Logistics support vehicles;
  • Tactical vehicles to tow and haul equipment;
  • Tube-Launched, Optically-Tracked, Wire-Guided (TOW) missiles;
  • Javelin and AT-4 anti-armor systems;
  • Precision aerial munitions;
  • Airfield support equipment;
  • Anti-armor mines;
  • Claymore anti-personnel munitions;
  • Demolitions munitions for obstacle clearing; and
  • Night vision devices; and
  • Spare parts, field equipment, training munitions, maintenance, and other ancillary equipment.

Blademaster

kittoo420

Country flag

But both Vietnam and Afghanistan had crazy high birth rates when they were at war. Ukraine has absolute garbage demographics.
Ukraine can't fight infinitely, no matter the resources. And the longer it fights, the direr its long term future regardless of the outcome of this war.

Ukraine is basically sacrificing itself fully on this altar, even if it somehow wins (not going to happen).

Akim

Professional
Country flag
WW3 is now closer than ever.

Biden is so fucking stupid. Russia will now massively retaliate. This is the point of no return.

@Akim, if WW3 starts because of this, I hope by God that your country burns in hell and all of your fucking countrymen die a slow painful death.

I curse Biden and his family to hell and Boris Johnson.
You have long known my attitude towards you. But since when - 300 km. Is this a long range for missiles? The British and French have been giving us Storm Shadow/SCALP-EG of similar range for a long time, but WW3 smells only in Russian TV studios and it resembles a fart.

Last edited:

hurrians

Country flag
Akim sorry to break your dream, this is a scripted war, zelenski and Putin have already reached an agreement.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles