India-China Border conflict

omaebakabaka

I will avoid religious sterotyping on the solid fact that so many other (non-sterotypical) people including high-ranking officials has been honey-trapped & spied for foreign intelligence agencies.
Agreed, most traitors are hindus(in the context of armed forces) and some of those are more like being stupid to fall for online traps. Unless these sikhs have some involvement with anti India groups, its just more of the same money, women motivation.

Tridev123

Country flag
Finally somebody has the guts to give an offensive colour to our defence strategy thinking.
Why does everyone become silent whenever there is talk of liberating Tibet and Xinjiang from Chinese control and making them autonomous provinces of India.
Now,
Why should they not be fully independent and instead become part of the Indian Union. Because they cannot defend themselves against a Chinese attack. It would require the Indian Army to defend their borders and repulse any future PLA attack.
An democratic India which does not practice genocide and is economically fast growing is a far better option than an dictatorial China.

India in spite of small problems largely respects human rights and safeguards the rights of every section of its population. The Legitimate Rights of the Tibetans and the Ughur people will be safeguarded.
They will grow and prosper as the rest of India does.

Now nobody wants to bell the cat.
Why will it be so difficult to match Chinese force levels in Tibet and Xinjiang.
When the Chinese can project power literally thousands of kilometers away from their heartlands in Mainland China why cannot India which is geographically closer to Tibet and Xinjiang match or even outmatch them.
What is the distance between Beijing and Lhasa as compared to the distance between New Delhi and Lhasa.
I guess New Delhi would be closer to Lhasa.

Somebody should give a breakdown of Chinese force levels in Tibet and Xinjiang.
Do they have a 2:1 or 3:1 numerical superiority over us.
What would it take for us to be able to build up an credible offensive force which can not only hold the PLA at the border but also take the battle into Lhasa and Urumqi.

How much force accretion do we need. What capabilities are needed.

Hoping that future rapid economic growth will provide us the resources to realise our true potential.

Jimih

Country flag
I will avoid religious sterotyping on the solid fact that so many other (non-sterotypical) people including high-ranking officials has been honey-trapped & spied for foreign intelligence agencies.
Iam not at all stereotyping.

We should not never forget the past history.

Iam just suggesting to IA and MoD to be more pre-emptive and cautious.

These all events took place on the timeline of 'Covid pandemic-Chinese aggression-Farmers protests'.

IMG_20240402_131554.png

IMG_20240402_131831.png

The other 2 regiments which also have a class composition of the 'community-in-question' were okay and totally followed the chain of command that particular year.

We should never be emotional in matters of NatSec.

Last edited:

Tridev123

Country flag
Iam not at all stereotyping.

We should not never forget the past history.

Iam just suggesting to IA and MoD to be more pre-emptive and cautious.

These all events took place on the timeline of 'Covid pandemic-Chinese aggression-Farmers protests'.

View attachment 246714
View attachment 246715

The other 2 regiments which also have a class composition of the 'community-in-question' were okay and totally followed the chain of command that particular year.

We should never be emotional in matters of NatSec.
While I appreciate your patriotic feelings, I think it would be wrong to suspect the entire Sikh community.

It is true that even at the time of independence there were some extremist elements in the Sikh community who wanted to divorce themselves from the larger Indian society. Very, very small in number.

There will be an extremist fringe in almost every community. I hope you remember that some elements in the Tamil community in South India toyed with the idea of breaking away from India. Politicians like the late Chief Minister Annadurai were not entirely convinced that they were part of India. Other social leaders like Periyar extended support to the extremist fringe.

But that was a passing phase in Tamilnadu politics.
Shri Annadurai gave up the idea of separation after the 1962 China attack on India.

Today the Tamil thambis are an very important part of the Armed Forces and many Tamils have sacrificed their lives for defending the independence and territorial integrity of our country.

Let's be very, very clear.
The Sikh independence movement(even at the height of the insurgency/terrorist movement in Indian Punjab the extremists were still in a minority with the overwhelming majority while angry with New Delhi for Operation Bluestar still did not want total separation from India) if it can be called that is mostly a foreign conspiracy to blackmail and intimidate us.

The so called separatist movement in Punjab was almost fully a creation of the ISI
__________________________________________________________________________________
and Yes, elements of the Intelligence community in the West, mainly the United States and the UK.
__________________________________________________________________________________

If the problem in the Punjab blew up, it is entirely an intelligence failure. Not wanting to demoralise the IB or R&AW. But how did we allow the ISI and other hostile intelligence agencies to spread disinformation, fear and paranoia in the minds of the Punjabis especially the Sikh population.
We failed to control the narrative and the emotional distress.

To put the record straight even in the (Superpower) United States there were separatist movements in a few states less than a century ago. But they managed to control the alienation and the movements fizzled out.

Our enemies would try their best to sow differences between various segments of our population. It is our duty to stamp out all such conspiracies before they mutate into a cancerous threat.

Lastly every community or society will have some rotten apples. We should not assume that they represent the entire community.

Jimih

Country flag
While I appreciate your patriotic feelings, I think it would be wrong to suspect the entire Sikh community.
How my post is suggesting that Iam suspecting the entire Sikh community? No Iam not.

I have given a technical rationale in my post itself. Some members will pick it.

AnantS

Country flag
Both of you are correct. And the solution lies not just survellance but need to learn from US how they dealt witd weather underground.

Tridev123

Country flag
How my post is suggesting that Iam suspecting the entire Sikh community? No Iam not.

I have given a technical rationale in my post itself. Some members will pick it.
Well, I am not the only one to feel that you are raising a red flag on all Sikhs.
I believe @mist_consecutive also felt that probably you were giving the impression that you were stereotyping all Sikhs.

Now if that is not the case and if you also agree that a few Sikh soldiers spying for a foreign power does not warrant that we look at all Sikhs with suspicion.
Then sab changa.

I am sure that you will not forget the extraordinary contribution of Sikh servicemen to our country.
The best example is - - - - Jagjit Singh Aurora, hero of the 1971 Bangladesh Liberation War. The Eastern Command Commander.
He along with the legendary Sam Bahadur Manekshaw were responsible to a large extent for scripting India's victory.

A golden moment in the history of our Armed Forces.
Jai Hind.

DingDong

Country flag
Well, I am not the only one to feel that you are raising a red flag on all Sikhs.
I believe @mist_consecutive also felt that probably you were giving the impression that you were stereotyping all Sikhs.

Now if that is not the case and if you also agree that a few Sikh soldiers spying for a foreign power does not warrant that we look at all Sikhs with suspicion.
Then sab changa.

I am sure that you will not forget the extraordinary contribution of Sikh servicemen to our country.
The best example is - - - - Jagjit Singh Aurora, hero of the 1971 Bangladesh Liberation War. The Eastern Command Commander.
He along with the legendary Sam Bahadur Manekshaw were responsible to a large extent for scripting India's victory.

A golden moment in the history of our Armed Forces.
Jai Hind.
1971 happened a long time back. JS Arora and the others did not do us any favor by performing their duties under the oath. This was a collective victory, Sikhs alone did not earn it.

What happened in Punjab during the period of 1975-1990 is also a reality. The Recent farmer agitations and the mob action at the Red Fort on the 26th of January are not the figments of imagination. Killings of people for beadbi in Punjab are not isolated events.

Many Sikhs overtly or covertly carry this aspiration (Khalistan). Sikh Gurudwaras proudly display the pictures of the "Kaum ke shaheeds".

Just like we acknowledge and reward the good behavior, we must unequivocally recognize and punish any destructive behavior.

omaebakabaka

Lol, just proves hindus nnow a days or few centuries are softer than women skin worried about everyone else's sensitivity while they make you bend over.

Tridev123

Country flag
1971 happened a long time back. JS Arora and the others did not do us any favor by performing their duties under the oath. This was a collective victory, Sikhs alone did not earn it.

What happened in Punjab during the period of 1975-1990 is also a reality. The Recent farmer agitations and the mob action at the Red Fort on the 26th of January are not the figments of imagination. Killings of people for beadbi in Punjab are not isolated events.

Many Sikhs overtly or covertly carry this aspiration (Khalistan). Sikh Gurudwaras proudly display the pictures of the "Kaum ke shaheeds".

Just like we acknowledge and reward the good behavior, we must unequivocally recognize and punish any destructive behavior.
Okay, I hope that the Government agrees with you.
How will you impose collective punishment on the Sikhs.

I am probably dealing with a rabid hate monger.
Good luck finding many supporters in the million plus strong Army.
First abolish the Sikh Regiment if that makes you happy.

Tomorrow your hate would turn to the Gorkhas and later to even the other Hindu Regiments including the Maratha Light Infantry, the Mahar Regiment, the Rajput Regiment etc. Don't forget the Jammu & Kashmir Light Infantry.

Some of us are only stating that don't stereotype a community because a couple of their people were caught spying.
Not asking anybody to condone a crime.

Now if that cannot be understood by assholes.
Good luck.

Tridev123

Country flag
Who hurt you?:rofl:

Already throwing your hands in the air in frustration just because somebody has an opinion that makes you uncomfortable? Good luck with that.
Your mother, asshole.
Son of a bitch, bastard.
Guess this is the only language you understand

DingDong

Country flag
Your mother, asshole.
Son of a bitch, bastard.
Guess this is the only language you understand
You got enough attention from me already.

Okay, I hope that the Government agrees with you.
How will you impose collective punishment on the Sikhs.

I am probably dealing with a rabid hate monger.
Good luck finding many supporters in the million plus strong Army.
First abolish the Sikh Regiment if that makes you happy.

Tomorrow your hate would turn to the Gorkhas and later to even the other Hindu Regiments including the Maratha Light Infantry, the Mahar Regiment, the Rajput Regiment etc. Don't forget the Jammu & Kashmir Light Infantry.

Some of us are only stating that don't stereotype a community because a couple of their people were caught spying.
Not asking anybody to condone a crime.
By the way, here is something more for you to rant about:

The past governments (irrespective of whosoever was in power) have systematically brought down the participation of the Sikhs and the other so-called "martial race" communities in the Indian armed forces. Sikhs aren't visible in certain government agencies, take SPG for an example that is responsible for Prime Minister's protection.

Most of the regiments like the Sikh, Gurkha, Mahar, Rajput etc exist only for the namesake. Most of them are mixed and recruit from a diverse demography in the region.

Can you guess which regiment was responsible for the Jalianwala massacre? Who butchered the innocent unarmed men, women and kids? It was the Gurkha regiment.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles