DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
I heard somewhere that the front turret armor blocks in the latest trenches of Abrams now weighs more than a block of RHA of equivalent volume!! So of course, the base armor will have superior protection value as compared to the base armor of T-90A of 90s vintage. But when you add the heavy ERA into the equation (assuming they do work), they won't be too far off.
I wonder how protective our locally sourced T-90S are since those have different armor package.
Yeah, frontally speaking T90+ERA and Abrams are pretty comparable. And from my understanding of ERA, it should work well against most things, except maybe some super long projectile with shearing sacrificial tip.

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
I heard somewhere that the front turret armor blocks in the latest trenches of Abrams now weighs more than a block of RHA of equivalent volume!! So of course, the base armor will have superior protection value as compared to the base armor of T-90A of 90s vintage. But when you add the heavy ERA into the equation (assuming they do work), they won't be too far off.
I wonder how protective our locally sourced T-90S are since those have different armor package.
the rha of stripped down t90 is said to be around 550mm rha while the kontact-5 degrades 200mm of apfsds penetration so it could be around 750-800mm protection on the older t90s models
while the bhisma with kanchan armour would be a well protected tank from all kind of darts kanchan already stopped a 106mm rcl (400mm pen) and israeli apfsds too in past since metallurgy is advanced the newere gens must have better protection values

Blood+

Country flag
Yeah, frontally speaking T90+ERA and Abrams are pretty comparable. And from my understanding of ERA, it should work well against most things, except maybe some super long projectile with shearing sacrificial tip.
Yep, that's precisely what I was alluding to. Maybe stacking multiple layers of ERA (like the Ukrainians used to do with their T-64BV etc.) could help defeat such rounds.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Ye kya nautanki chal Raha hay .....kuchh 100 ke aas pass kuchh kharedd ke unka integration pe waqt barbad karke...unka test karke....bahut khus ho rahe hain....
If they will buy in numbers then makes sense only .......

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
Ye kya nautanki chal Raha hay .....kuchh 100 ke aas pass kuchh kharedd ke unka integration pe waqt barbad karke...unka test karke....bahut khus ho rahe hain....
aree yaar they would buy more indeed dont you know how they killed gaurav glive bombs for israeli weapons same way they would kill rudram series too

Tuco

Country flag
It will get over probably in the first day of the war. Not sure how effective they would be either. Meanwhile helina and derivatives still no where to be seen.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
aree yaar they would buy more indeed dont you know how they killed gaurav glive bombs for israeli weapons same way they would kill rudram series too
Emergency procurement ki....najayaz fayda ..utharahein...ye logg
Someday they are procuring some random uavs in limited number
And some day some atgms

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
Emergency procurement ki....najayaz fayda ..utharahein...ye logg
Someday they are procuring some random uavs in limited number
And some day some atgms
fck is emergency procurement
galwan ke time toh samajha jata hai har saal hi yeh shuru ho jate hai

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Iaf intends to procure
approximately Quantity 10 Micro munitions systems and associated equipment.
The complete delivery is expected to be completed within 18 months.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
The Indian Air Force is planning to replace obsolescent hardware on five SAP 518
pods of Su-30MKI aircraft.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
There is a tender from iaf to integrate a stand of weapon with range 180 km with mig 29 upg.......

Might be rampage

Knight0000

Can somebody answer , why the hell are we even buying al Tariq LGB that too from a firm of UAE ? Like come on we can do much better than this right ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles