Indian Special Forces

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Yesterday a Major who was former NSG came to my station for something.While chatting he told me he was from 52 SAG and they were regularly sky marshalling. He had instructor grade .Upon asking whether NsG has some phantom group he replied that as far he know there is no such unit and told that the highest physical grading for a performance is Phantom followed by Superhuman ,excellent ,good and pass.Its based on your timing for obstacle bpet and ppet. Might be because of that some journalist might have confused the highest graded men for a seperate unit.He told me that it was the high pressure from higher ups to dispose of the bodies swiftly in pathankot was the reason behind the death of Lt.col Niranjan.
He too shares the concern that sending back men from SAG after three years is waste of all the training as only by that time one gets to finally start master the skills and right you reach there you will be rotated out.
Coming to SG he said rather than emphasis on physical the stress was on testing your mental levels.Archers are just another Vikas regiment and they are trained better though not on par with SF still elite in class.
Concerning Assam Rifles ,as per him its a nightmare for every officer to lead them.They are not much disciplined on levels of other forces and stand offs between Manipur police and AR was a regular affair when he was posted there.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag

Apperantly a reel I don't have insta on my phone so I only watch fist few sec
Edit - here it is nvm marcos only their in the first shot
Are these recon companies SF or part of USSOCOM? It should have been SEALs we should be training with

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
He too shares the concern that sending back men from SAG after three years is waste of all the training as only by that time one gets to finally start master the skills and right you reach there you will be rotated out.
This is so damn true NSG needs to do away with their deputation system it's time now

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Do we still need this outdated Camo? And also the one size fit all specification for Trousers and Shirts/TShirts.
Looks loose on most soldier!
Nope but what will regular soldiers wear new camo will still take about 1 more year to be fully rolled out and then idk how strict are the Army guys at infantry level to impose those changes and get the guys to get new uniform cloth from canteen the new guys will get new ones only

SKC

Country flag
Nope but what will regular soldiers wear new camo will still take about 1 more year to be fully rolled out and then idk how strict are the Army guys at infantry level to impose those changes and get the guys to get new uniform cloth from canteen the new guys will get new ones only
Do we even have 1 single camo for all? even in same unit I see different solider having different style and color. Don't know how they handle this at unit level?

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Do we even have 1 single camo for all? even in same unit I see different solider having different style and color. Don't know how they handle this at unit level?
Infantry yes we have single camo as for sf nope as said by many sf officers themselves on podcasts before they wear what they are comfortable with (take it as you will) we see uniformity in Marcos in valley and other places Paras just don't like it ig maybe new Gen officers will be different who knows

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles